An outrageous TNG character will return

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by NCC-73515, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

IIRC, Brophy is retired from acting. So it was never likely that they could bring him back.

2. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Commodore Commodore

Isn't he teaching at some drama school or something like that? I seem to recall something to that effect.

3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's the theater director at Caltech, and they didn't ask him.

4. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure about that. He didn't leave Hollywood behind and became a dentist like the kid from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Nor is he retired as in infirm with age and done so out of necessity. He teaches acting, at Caltech. Arnold Schwarzenegger stopped acting and went into politics...he's back. Glenda Jackson was a minister of the UK parliament for 23 years before returning to movies and theater. He might have done it if they'd asked. It would have been cool in-universe and in the real world.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    Cheap. Stupid. Stupid and cheap. Cheap and stupid. Or one of the writers was a fan.

No doubt there are multiple reasons. The real interesting part will be the execution.

6. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

They want that Firefly vibe

7. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am truly OK with this so long as it involves his needlessly complex, painful and comedic death.

Forbin likes this.