American Horror Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 5, 2011.

?

How Would You Grade The Episode?

1. Awesome

25.0%
  2. Above Average

54.2%
  3. Average

4.2%
  4. Below Average

8.3%
  5. Horrible

8.3%
  1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Larry was outside the house a lot so he could not have been a 'house' ghost. Only on Halloween can the house ghosts get away from the house as we saw Tate (on his date with Violet) Moira (visiting her dieng mom) and Hayden (on her way to the police station with Luke), etc..

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Then explain to me how those "home invaders" that Tate killed managed to appear before Vivien and Violet inside Vivien's car as they tried to get away from the house one night. That certainly didn't happen on Halloween.

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that notion was posed originally in this thread by someone else, because weirdly enough, I was surprised by that twist! :eek:

I was also surprised by Ben's amazing towel, resolutely clinging to him all during that fight. Much to my dismay.

The proportion of characters who are ghosts is now at a ridiculous level, and might be problematic for the series going forward, since so much of the action would have to take place in the house. I suspect the impending birth of the antichrist will be used as an excuse to start rewriting the rules.

Violet could convince her parents to have her home-schooled, as a way of trying to avoid the trauma of them ever finding out the truth. And she could fake being agoraphobic, which of course Ben would try to "cure."

I wonder what would happen if someone tried to pick her up and carry her off the property. Would she simply vanish?

Just inscribe her name on that Emmy now! :rommie:

If they're following the rules, then the car must have been parked in the driveway on the house property. Can't recall exactly how that sequence went.

And wasn't Violet also a ghost by that point?

4. Gryffindorian

Yes, Violet had to have been dead by that time. I'm thinking the ghosts aren't necessarily "confined" within the walls of the house. How on earth could Violet have run to Vivien's car/SUV (with ghosts in it as well)?

5. Temis the Vorta

Was the car on the street or in the driveway?

6. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Driveway, within the gates, so I think that covers the "rules."

There is some speculation on the FX AHS forum that only if you are buried outside, can you exist outside the house (allowing Hayden and Moira to be out in the yard), but I think as long as you die within property boundaries, you can go outside.

I think Tate was manipulating "reality," which kept Violet running back into the house.

7. Temis the Vorta

I interpreted that sequence as being literally what any ghost would see if they tried to leave the property. When they set foot off the property, they simply return to where they started. The others have learned not even to try anymore.

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

So would the high school also be haunted then? The ghosts of the kids killed there were out and about on Halloween as was Tate but they are not bound to the house or grounds. Maybe special Halloween dispensation?

9. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, on halloween the ghosts can get out of the house. Those kids died in the school and I would guess are free floating spirits that are not bound to a property. So when Tate did leave the house on Halloween they found him.

The ghosts are not trapped in the house but on the property, we have seen this many times, Hayden talking to Ben in the Gazebo, Hayden meeting Travis as he walks by the house, Tate on the porch, etc..

10. Gryffindorian

Yes, but initially you said:

That seemed to imply that house ghosts can't walk outside the house (unless it's Halloween).

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I should have said 'outside the property', the first few times we see Larry is he stalking Ben outside the house in town etc.

It's weird that we have very few 'living' main characters left vs. ghosts now. They need to get some living people to do the dirty work of the house ghosts.

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

This show is messed up!

:lol:

If Jessica Lange doesn't win an Emmy for her Blanche DuBois imitation then they should just shut down the awards entirely.

Is it weird how easily her boyfriend took to being a ghost?

How about the tea party with the burned little girls? Good Lord...

And the reveal on Violet was great. Both actors did a wonderful job, I think. You really saw in that moment how much Tate cares for her, in his own way.

13. Temis the Vorta

If you're like me and CAN. NOT. WAIT. for Wednesday to roll around, here's a sneak preview of the knock-em-down drag-em-out, all-ghost custody battle in the offing! :rommie:

There definitely needs to be lots more Tate vs. Chad in this show! Poor Tate, once you're murdered someone, they're not that scared of you anymore...

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Nice.

You know, maybe this could all work out. It takes a village, after all....

:lol:

15. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Violet caught me off guard. Not sure why. I knew someone was dead when the truancy cop said they were blowflies--which anyone who watched CSI would know hatch in dead bodies. And he was a truancy cop. I think that I'm not trying to think ahead of this show, but just let it catch me by surprise.

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know if they have greenlit a season 2 yet?

17. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I was also surprised by the Violet reveal, and saddened too. She is one of my favorite characters, it's really too bad she can't live a real life anymore. I wonder if anyone besides Tate has realized yet that she's dead. I wonder when her parents will find out. :(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The parents will have to find out soon enough when they need here to leave the house. Maybe she will fake an illness to stay there.

19. Temis the Vorta

If she's simply unwilling to leave the house, her shrink dad could diagnose agoraphobia and instead of forcing her to leave (which would probably be pyschologically damaging), he would treat her in the house or have another shrink treat her, but given the way this show plays fast and loose with rules, the writers could just take the simpler option.

The series was renewed for S2 on Halloween. :D

20. Temis the Vorta