Spoilers Altered Carbon Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jan 17, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just watched the next episode, and it was a good. It was interesting getting to learn about the original person in Kovacs's sleeve, it honestly never really occurred to me that he would be important. I had just assumed he was just a nobody, who's body just happened to be available when they needed a sleeve.
    For some reason I had trouble understanding some of the dialogue so I wasn't real clear on what Ryker and Ortega were investigating when he was framed. Was it the death of the blond girl who fell into the water?

2. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep!

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm actually a bit surprised it was renewed; the buzz seemed to be that it was doomed. Not unhappy, though, especially with Mackie taking over as the lead. I quite like him as Sam Wilson.

It's interesting to have a show where the continuing lead character is played by a different actor (or two) every season. It's like Doctor Who on fast-forward.

5. Kerock

Kerock Commander Red Shirt

Great Show, I will have to read the books.

6. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are they doing book 2? Apparently that book has some very epic scenes that would be very expensive to film.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That's certainly enough to get me to return. I had mixed feelings about the first season but it certainly has the potential to get better and Anthony Mackie is a step in the right direction.

auntiehill likes this.
  8. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought S1 was pretty awesome. The problem with this show is that if they do it right, it's going to be like Fargo- each season will be a new show with new actors. That can be awesome or it can suck, depending on how good a job they do with it.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I would think that'd make it easier to produce for the actors by not having them stuck to a big commitment. I loved season one. Very distinct visuals with an interesting story.

10. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they stick to the books, the second season will be very different as well. Much less noir and more military sci-fi.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oh. Now I'm much less interested, if they follow closely to the books.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I'm not a military-SF fan either. Heck, the first season was too violent for my tastes as it was.