ALT-Trek

UPDATE...
I decided to work more on the Ptolimy so I added textures to the container connection.
2436.jpg

UPDATE...
I’m thinking of changing the nacelles and using these from my U.S.S. Sirius. Still not sure yet but I like them.
2437.jpg

These are the old ones
2438.jpg

Sweet! I mostly dig your stuff. In fact, my only complaint would be found in this image:

UPDATE...

2436.jpg

Where my first thought was "oh, looks like someone made a couple scribbles with a digital brush." I assume it's trying to look like surface wear on top of the docking plate, but it comes off looking very rushed.

Elsewise, it's all terribly well done. Outstanding work as always!

--Alex

I haven't done textures in awhile so I'm trying to figure it out again.

UPDATE...
I’ve started work on the engine pylons.
2439.jpg

Most drawings of the Ptolemy have impulse engines identical to the Constitution class.
Shouldn't there be more engines and/or larger engines, since it could be towing a large number of pods?

Otherwise, beautiful work as always.

All my ships have identical impulse engines and I'm doing my own version of these things not following the rules of the show. The engines I have on her now are slightly larger and longer.

UPDATE...
Finished up the warp pylon. I added the bump map to make the green stripe pop out a little more and added more grime.
2440.jpg

Getting bit of work done in the container. Not much more to do other than adding textures.
2441.jpg

UPDATE...
Getting some textures done on the container doors.
2442.jpg

A bit more done and a little more to go. I might tone down that yellow a little bit.
2443.jpg

And what the inside of the doors look like.
2444.jpg

UPDATE...
I modified the door textures a little bit. I started out by making them slightly thinner and then I desaturated the yellow some. As far as I care it done. I could make the stripes even thinner but I feel like I need to.
2445.jpg

And now I’ve started on the textures for the main part of the container.
2446.jpg

UPDATE...
I’ve done a few more textures on the main container. Just need to do the two ends and the inside and finish up the engines.
2447.jpg

And I was doing some texture work I came up with this. It’s not Star trek but I thought I’d pop it here anyway.
2448.jpg

2449.jpg

Thanks.
UPDATE...
I think I’m just about done with this. I do the textures for the inner container when I need to have them.
2453.jpg

UPDATE...
WOW! I finally finished something. Feels like forever. A few things could still be tweaked but it’s good for now.
ptolemyortho.jpg

Did this just for fun.
ptolemyortho_alternate.jpg

Last edited:
Yay on finally finishing something! :techman: Looks good too! Planning on rendering any scenes with it?

Back