ALT-Trek

XFozzboute

Captain
In Memoriam
UPDATE...
While fixing the textures on my U.S.S. Swiften I thought up a new picture but with a shuttle. So I went back and decided to modify the one I had a make a slightly larger Tactical shuttle for this new image. Ignore the textures because they went to crap but I’ll need to paint new ones for this anyway.
1481.jpg

1482.jpg

Here it is side by side with my original shuttle.
1483.jpg

Yeah I borrowed a few ideas because I liked them.

UPDATE...
I was gonna try and keep this simple and get it doen fast. Well, so much for that.
I added a few more bits to make it look more armored and I increased the size of the armor on the back.
1484.jpg

Decided to add some ladning gear.
1485.jpg

Here’s a good look at the landing gear.
1486.jpg

Are you going to put any detail into the top-most structure connecting the nacelles? Some vents or some beveling maybe?

Are you going to put any detail into the top-most structure connecting the nacelles? Some vents or some beveling maybe?
No. No more detail. it has some bevels but it's not meant to be seen in great detail.

UPDATE...
I finished the textures for the engine cowl and just need to add a few final touches to the wing textures.
I also started the textures for the side. Still need to add a few things to finish it up. The colored strip will be different depending on the role the shuttle will fill.
1491.jpg

1492.jpg

I also finished the textures for the back of the shuttle.
1493.jpg

Cool I might take a look at those. Thanks.

UPDATE...
Well I’m just about done. I finished the bottom of the shuttle. All I have left now are parts that connect the engines to the ship and the landing skids. I don’t really need to finish building the landing skids yet because I don’t need them in the picture I plan to do.
1497.jpg

Well, what do you know a christmas miracle. I actually figured out how to unwrap an object and that’s how I textured the warp engine.
1498.jpg

1499.jpg

Hmm, her registry would seem to indicate that she belongs to a Chandley class.

UPDATE...
I decided to go back this month to do some work with my Alt-Tos stuff. I felt I needed to build a drydock so I’m working on one based on the design in one of Jackill’s books. The Archer is just there to have a ship in there. I’m building it a little bigger so the Enterprise I plan on making will fit since will be bigger than the other ships I’ve made.
1584.jpg

1585.jpg

These are all extremely nice. Out of curiosity, why "Alt"? I could easily buy these, particularly the shuttles, as additional TOS-era designs we just happened never to see onscreen.

Back