Agents of SHIELD: Season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OCD Geek, Jul 18, 2018.

1. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At first I thought they were hunting down everyone who "wasn't supposed to be there", then they said Deke didn't quite match, so clearly they aren't used to variation in their readings. However, that would also imply they have never come across anyone who was an outlier, but not a correct target before, which seems unlikely. I assume Daisy would register oddly since she has superpowers. So I'm still not 100% that they are only looking for parasites.

2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know the future was changed when Earth didn't crack into pieces. In theory almost nobody on earth should "be there" as in most people are suppose to be dead. I wonder if the fact that we are dealing with a altered present is somehow connected.

Jason

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

We've already seen that they have no problem with killing innocent bystanders. Since they're evidently fighting a threat that destroys entire worlds, they presumably feel it's worth sacrificing innocents for the sake of the greater whole. So they wouldn't risk letting a possible infectee escape because they were unsure. They'd kill anyone who even might be infected, as easily as they'd kill any non-infected people who got in their way.

SolarisOne likes this.
  4. Briet

Briet Lieutenant Red Shirt

This topic has been discussed more than once, but I just felt the need to put this out there. It always amazes me how far the characters came since the first episode, but I feel Jemma changed the most. Does anyone remember when she said this in Season One: "I like following the rules and doing what's expected of me. It makes me feel nice."? From a character standpoint, this is one of the most well writen shows I have ever watched. I was worried a little where could the show go after the almost perfect ending last year, but I'm liking what we got so far. Maybe exept that the space team threatens, shakes down and coerces people without second thought. I get how they got to that point, but I find it disturbing when the "good guys" do stuff things like that and are portrayed as "cool", while they hate the bad guys for doing the exact same thing.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I've grown to pretty much dislike this show, but to my surprise I'm two episodes in and quite enjoying this season.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like we aren't getting a new episode tonight because of the NBA Playoffs.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are They skipping a week or just delaying it? Or maybe where you live? I am in Chicago on Central time.

8. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Sigh...Do we really need a half hour of Jimmy Kimmel and a pre game show before the game? (Puts in false teeth, grabs cane...) why back In the olden days, I can't recall a pre game show running before the game, just a sports update recapping stats thus far, then the game starts.

Furiously shakes cane at icloud, or whatever...:scream:

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to TV Guide it's not on at all, and next week's is episode 5, which I think should be the next episode after last week's.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

No, we don't. But then we don't need Jimmy Kimmel at all and yet here we are. :(

OCD Geek likes this.
  11. OCD Geek

OCD Geek Captain Captain

The one thing he does have going for him is he isn't Craig Kilborn.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  12. The Nth Doctor

And he isn't Jimmy Fallon. A very low bar, indeed.

OCD Geek likes this.
  13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lots of action tonight but I’m confused who all these new guys are and what’s happening with the main cast? The new costumes are really colorful, I kinda like them but they don’t seem to offer much protection.

Kitty Worrier and OCD Geek like this.
  14. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

It reminds me of that weird episode of House that took place in a baseball stadium.

auntiehill likes this.
  15. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

Turtletrekker likes this.
  16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Agents of Shield is being preempted in the Seattle-Tacoma area tonight.:censored::angryrazz:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That sucks.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, our conclusions were right -- Sarge's team is hunting the creatures, not creating them. They're called the Shrike, which doesn't seem to be a Marvel reference; there's a mercenary character called Killer Shrike, but he has no connection to anything like these.

And I may have been wrong about Sarge's team hopping dimensions. It sounds like the Shrike have been destroying planets in this reality, including the Chronicom homeworld.

Meanwhile, the mysteries about Sarge deepen. He purports to be more than a century old thanks to time dilation, yet he uses a number of the same turns of phrase May remembers Coulson using. I think it's unlikely they intend to declare that fan-favorite Phil Coulson was a duplicate or impostor all along, so I don't know where they're going with this. Then again, the other plot about the attempt to invent a time machine could tie into it somehow.

The Chronicoms capturing a Confederacy fleet is a handy excuse to save money by reusing the Confederacy ship sets from last season instead of having to build new sets.

19. The Nth Doctor

I enjoyed this episode a lot and not just because we actually got a lot of solid answers (and some solid Deke bashing). I like the developments regarding the Shrike and Sarge, which makes Sarge's crew seem more benevolent, despite, you know, all of the collateral damage and death left in their wake. I'm curious to see how things develop now that S.H.I.E.L.D. has all of them in custody for the moment.

As much as I enjoyed the Tahiti flashbacks, it was painfully clear they weren't on any beach but in some studio with sky blue-green backdrops. :lol:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprise that the Chronicoms are a bunch of assholes, but deciding to kill "useless" humans simply because they are unable to invent time travel just like that is just rude. My heart broke a little for Enoch when Leo was justifiably furious at him for telling the Chronicoms how to motivate him by holding Jemma hostage...but I am little confused at what Enoch did to Leo at the end there.

Damn it, I don't want to wait another week. I want another episode now!

Boo-urns! :(

Turtletrekker likes this.
  20. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

My theory is that Sarge was somehow "built out of" Coulson, either literally in a very disgusting way (I'm surprised that Benson's insensitive questions a few weeks ago didn't include "Are you sure you know where Coulson's corpse is?"), or through some sort of metaphysical whatsit like the Ilia probe in Star Trek I, or the Investigator in the Expanse. Could be connected to the spirograph monolith, given that Benson's wild ass-pull suggestion that it somehow controlled life and death passed unchallenged and uncommented on, suggesting based on the conventions of genre storytelling that he's exactly right and show didn't want to spend a lot of time figuring it out or being unsure if it was correct. Either way, given that May seems to have picked up on Sarge thinking like Coulson in certain ways, she's doubtless convinced that there's more of our Coulson beneath the surface. If they still have that brain-drain machine from season one, I'm guessing she'll shove Sarge in and crank it up to eleven until Coulson starts talking.

It seems like this episode has set up all the pieces and connections necessary to play out the rest of the plot. The Shrike (and their unnamed controller) travel from planet to planet, destroying them. Sarge's team follows, trying and failing to stop them. Sarge is somehow connected to or based upon Phil Coulson, very likely our Phil Coulson and not some sort of mirror universe version; his face is not incidental. The Shrike have already destroyed the Chronicoms' homeworld, so they want FitzSimmons to invent a time machine for them, which will require a white monolith, which was destroyed, but luckily, the Shrike are made out of monoliths (or the monoliths are made out of Shrikes), and there's the third mystery-monolith that could be the cause of all sorts of fun. Did I miss anything?

SolarisOne and The Nth Doctor like this.