"Agent Carter" season one discussion and spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 2, 2015.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Makes you wonder, though...letting a Soviet national work closely with America's main weapons developer during the height of the Cold War....

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who wasn't a Nazi?

The Americans had 40 black credit cards when they went shopping for Nazi Scientists right after the war.

Makes me wonder, how Stark would have been Adolf's toy on a leash if the other side had won WWII.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

If the Nazis had won WWII, they would have controlled a big chunk of Europe-- they would never have taken control of the United States.

4. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Howard Stark was more off an engineer thana weapons make, he and Vanko seemed to be more interested in arc reactor technology.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

6. Guy Gardener

Revenge is cancelled.

Emily Van Camp is free.

Emily is also (almost certainly) Agent Carter.

What if season 2, alternates adventures between the two Agent Carters?

Not even locking it down to 1948 and 2015, but Haley can play older and Emily can play younger, then cast a third Carter for adventures in the 80s and 90s, and you got a show with three movie actresses for the price of one movie actress, since they're hardly all ever in the same episode together.

Avengers III or IV is about the Kang and the Time Stone.

A Dynasty of Agent Carter's ever vigilant against Kang being a dick.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Sounds like Young Indiana Jones.

I wonder if we'll get word on when the DVDs will come out.

8. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

$60 for an autograph!?!?
    :cardie:

9. Guy Gardener

Lets imagine that some one gave Haley 10 grand, free airfare and accommodation, to sit there for three days signing autographs.

The $60 goes to the venue and is collected by a spotty teenager with a cash box and a clip board, controlling the movement and speed of the line edging it's way towards Haley.

They can't control how long Haley is going to talk to each person, without being rude, so if Miss Atwell wants to be a turd and spend 2 hours talking to one person, while 700 other people wait in line... The venue gets a $60 return on it's $15 thousand dollar investment.

$60 per singular autograph, or $60 for a reasonable number of autographs?

:)

That's how the A-Listers are handled.

Go far enough down the totem, and some guests are paid in food.

10. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Assuming it cost 15,000 and she spent 3 to 4 minutes talking with each person she would still be there for well over 15 hours just signing before anybody would make a profit.

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does the venue in fact get a cut of the autograph take? They're paying her to be there already, after all. I was under the impression the stars kept the revenue from their own table. After all, they never even used to charge for autographs until Marina Sirtis got greedy.

That may be the first time I've used "after all" twice in one post.

12. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

This is why I do not collect autographs.

I do hope Agent Carter gets renewed however. Easily my favorite show of the season!

13. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe talent gets a 'guarantee' paid out by the convention runners. What happens to anything over that I don't know. I do know I've heard the Comicbook Men say on the TESD podcast that if you don't make your guarantee you're not usually asked back - so that's why taking casual photos while walking to/from venue is discouraged.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

By venue do you mean the ones running the event? If so then yes, they do get a cut of that autograph charge(most likely). My experience is from a Wizard World employee who got chatty while I was in line for a $75 Stan Lee autograph a few years back. It was something like a 60/40 split, 60 to star/40 to WWorld.

Could be different per actor I suppose and the ratio have changed but I'm guessing that's a standard situation.

15. Guy Gardener

Yes, I should have said convention organizers who rented the venue, but once they have rented the venue, they are the venue in a very small superficial way.

Although from what I've overheard about the convention that runs in my town sometimes, Sony just hands an inordinate amounts of money to the organizer specifically to book big name guests to make sure that people show up to try the new playstations and playstation games, above and beyond what they have to pay to rent a floor or two out in the auditorium.

16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Three times if you count that sentence. ;)

On topic, I enjoyed "Agent Carter" more than "Agents of Shield" because I like these historical settings.

Kor

17. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Renewed for season 2.

18. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

whew. I don't know how these Marvel shows are getting renewed with such ratings but I'm relieved. Agent Carter was the only can't miss show for me, and I can't wait to get more.

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral