Agent Carter - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The petition is irellevant. The only number that could possible matter is how many new subscriptions Agent Carter could bring Netflix.I would bet a majority of the MCU fans who want to see Agent Carter return are already Netflix subscribers.

2. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Much as I love this show, and I do, I'm forced to agree with you. People making comments about refusing to buy the show on blu-ray because they think it's too pricey for an Amazon exclusive or because the season ended on a cliffhanger are partly to blame for not supporting the show in a tangible way. If the powers that be don't think the show can make money and the ratings aren't there, then there's no real reason to revive the series.

The cancellation is just more regime change at ABC. Agent Carter was Paul Lee's baby and now that Dungey is in charge she is looking to put her mark on the network. That's business as usual, but it also sucks for all the people from all these cancelled shows who are now now out of work. :(

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  3. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I'm going to go on a different path than cancellation news.

I'm wondering if showing Peggy be there for the founding of SHIELD might be better off not being shown. Because Howard and Peggy are well known, but who else founded SHIELD? And if not someone else, then it was their fault that Zola was allowed to work inside SHIELD, that the Winter Soldier was even created, and all of the fallout that entails.
    So maybe it's better not to dwell on that moment in history.

But I'd still like more Agent Carter, I really loved the show, and this last season I liked it better than AoS.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the Disney owned outlet, Freeform, where Cloak & Dagger are going might be interested? The network surely has lower ratings thresholds and Agent Carter could surely pull satisfactory numbers there.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

But would they have the budget to handle Agent Carter in addition to whatever else they have going on? I had never heard of the channel until Cloak & Dagger was announced.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I can see budget being a big issue on a period piece like AC. And they used a lot more CGI than you might think, transforming 2015-6 LA into 1946-7 NYC and LA.

Also-- "Freeform" used to be "ABC Family".

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And before that it was Fox Family Channel, and before that it was The Family Channel, and before that it was The CBN Family Channel, preceded by The CBN Cable Network, and it was originally The CBN Satellite Service, which was an offshoot of televangelist Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network. It's had the most name changes of any US cable network.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if Freeform would be interested in Agent Carter, their whole thing is that they target the teen and twenty-something crowd, and sadly I don't think AC really fits that image.
    This is actually the worst thing you could do if you want to see that cliffhanger resolved. If we want to bring the show back, we need to show ABC/Marvel/Disney that it can make them money, so if anything people should buy multiple copies of the seasons. I honestly don't have the disposable income to do something like this, but if you have the money, and really want to show back, this would be helpful.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Ahhh...I didn't know that. I remember ABC Family (and several of its predecessors) but I didn't know it was renamed. Why on earth would the change it to that name?

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes buy two. One for yourself, donate the second to your local library. It will be added to their lending titles, and hopefully add additional fans.

11. Christopher

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeform_(TV_channel)

Because they're shifting the emphasis away from "family" programming and more toward "Millennials," and they think that name will appeal to Millennials because they're still "forming" their identity or something.

12. Turtletrekker

Ah, to be a part of the 1% and to be able to afford to buy everything that I want and also be able to donate a copy to the library. If I could afford to buy anything and everything I wanted, of course I would buy Agent Carter season 2. But as I as in disposable income is an almost laughable concept in my life, I choose not to spend my money on incomplete stories. Also,for the record I bought my season 1 used because I wasn't going to pay almost $40 after shipping for eight episodes. No matter how much I like the show.

13. Turtletrekker

Sorry, I just don't like being told by others how to spend my money.

14. Christopher

You can spend your money how you like -- I can't afford to buy any of these shows on DVD myself -- but I just don't understand the "none of a loaf is better than half" mentality. No story is ever truly complete. There's always room for continuation, unless everyone dies and the world is destroyed at the end -- and as Escape from the Planet of the Apes proved, even that isn't a dealbreaker. Then there's what Orson Welles said, that whether you get a happy ending depends on where you stop the story. Few shows ever have the luxury of ending where they want to. Most get cancelled before they're done, and a few get renewed after they intended to end. So usually the best you can hope for is a reasonably satisfactory ending.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend with my post.

16. Turtletrekker

No offense taken. The whole "don't tell me how to spend my money thing" is simply a major pet peeve of mine. I named this one "Oscar".:p

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

All advertising is, is telling all of us how to spend our money, and all TV is, or was, for the first 60 years was a conductor for advertising.

18. Turtletrekker

And I don't watch commercials, either. That's what the "Mute" button and my wi-fi connection for my phone are for.:p

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about a time travel arc in AoS?

That'd be fun.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

How about an Earth-involving major sci-fi franchise with no time travel whatsoever? That'd be nice.