Actors/characters/plots/ships/etc. you want to see in Star Trek XII?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by skep155, May 11, 2009.

?

Dax in Trek XII?

1. Yes, as a major secondary character

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Yes, as a minor secondary character

22 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Yes, but not as more then a cameo

28 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. No

67 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Exelcsior Class

I think that another possible explanation is that a vast array of other flotsam and jetsam (besides the Narada and Jellyfish) fell into the mega black hole and emerged throughout space and time. Bits and pieces of advanced Romulan (and other) technologies could've been thrown throughout Federation space to be discovered by, say, Archer and his crew.

2. buzzknox

buzzknox Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's also unnecessary. The threat posed by the Narada is gone, and the ships designed (at least in part) to deal with it are likely a strain on resources to build and maintain versus smaller ships that are easier to build/maintain yet meet the reduced threat level. Even if the potential opposition has similar ships, there could be arms control treaties that curtail further development, while keeping the original "super sized" ships as a deterrent. Perhaps we'll only see 13 Constitution class due to these factors.

3. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It doesn't follow that bigger = more powerful anyway. Take the Defiant, for example.

It's not like the NuEnterprise had more torpedo tubes or anything, in any case.

Depending on how shield generators work, it might actually be harder to shield a larger ship than a smaller one.

4. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

5. schatenjager

schatenjager Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Blech. Leave the excelsior where it belongs...in the past. It was an ugly ship then and it's still ugly today.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see all entirely new ships from here on out.

7. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I'm of the mind that the ship was introduced in TSFS to specfically be ugly...like a pompous oaf with his chest puffed out that then falls flat on his face.
    It's funny that it became rather popular.

8. Omega_Glory

Omega_Glory Commodore

In JJ's universe, an Excelsior would likely be larger than an Imperial Star Destroyer. Or maybe they could do an Excelsior as big as Vaders ship from TESB. Now thats a big ship. :)

9. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Or maybe Excelsior would be the exact same size as it was before and would be introduced as lighter support vessel to the Enterprise?

10. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

The Enterprise-B was kind of pretty and graceful in her own way. Certainly better looking in many respects than the 1701-C that followed her.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I think it looks like a boat with ideas about being a starship.

I also think that this thread really isn't about the current movie, so I'm going to merge it with the "_______ you want to see in Trek XII" thread. Everyone please hold onto your drinks; that'll be happening soonish...

12. Rackon

Rackon Commander Red Shirt

Re: Picard/Borg movie

I didn't think that was a "nice" end for TOS at all. Please let's not go there again. And we're years away from any TNG movies, if ever. It's all about NuTrek-NuKirk-NuSpock-NuBones NuUhura et al.

I don't want to see any mirror universe on the big screen. Ever.

And I must confess I don't especially like the Borg, I'm totally bored with them. We got the ST reboot, let's for heaven's sake have some new stories.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  13. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Picard/Borg movie

Amen !

14. Omega_Glory

Omega_Glory Commodore

But then it wouldn't occupy the same niche as the previous incarnation. The suggestion was if the Excelsior would be introduced so that would imply a ship occupying the same relationship to the Enterprise as the one previously seen. But, then maybe they should have something akin to star destroyers. Why do Trek ships always have to be of the same design.

15. Cheapjack

Cheapjack Fleet Captain

16. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Re: Zoe Zaldana on ST12

How long is a piece of string?

17. Rackon

Rackon Commander Red Shirt

Saldana ain't writing the script. I wouldn't take her speculations as gospel.

But the guys must be working on it. They're talking about shooting in 2010 - maybe even as early as March (though that sounds highly doubtful to me given the prepruduction involved).

18. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Writers all write at different speeds. Some take a long time to write a script some can knock one out quickly. I heard an interview with Brian Helgeland where he talked about writing one of his early scripts (either Nightmare on Elm Street or 976-Evil I think) in less than a week.

Orzi and Kurtzman came out of TV and know how to write fast if needed.

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Some stories almost write themselves (relatively speaking). If the pieces fall together, they can happen really fast. If the bits don't fit together neatly, you may spend a lot of time trying to make them do so.

20. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Please direct all Trek XII discussion to the Trek XI forum.

Since I don't see a thread (on the first two pages, anyway) about this topic, I'll move it over there for you.