A word to Bill Shatner....

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Warped9, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

I don't think that the occasional Trek XI thread is a problem. There's bound to be some cross over between the two forums given the subject of the movie. If this had been started specifically as a discussion of Trek XI I might have considered moving it, but I didn't see the original post as that.

2. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shatner is doing a lot better these days.

I saw him on a TV commercial pimping for some small town lawyer in Elmira, NY.

3. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good theory.

Ray - I doubt they will let the Shat-man go lightly. The guys making this are serious fans and want Kirk there just as much as anyone here I'd say.

I CANNOT wait for this movie.

UWC - Are they cutting things a bit fine though? I mean - still no cast and less than 18 months to go?

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Of course I could do without his fibre ads. :lol:

5. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

18 months is plenty of time to shoot and edit a movie, although I agree with you it is starting to get a little tight. Apparently they start shooting in November and there will be an announcement at comic con. Having said that - Indy IV has only just started shooting and that is locked in for next summer.

I think George Lucas taking 3 years to make each new Star Wars film confuses the issue. There's simply no need for it to take that long.

6. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

The special-effects alone take at least 2 years to produce + polish/fine-tuning.

7. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For Star Wars, yes. Only because of the complete over-use of CGI and his penchant for re-editing the thing over and over again.

Something like 90 percent of the shots in EP III had some sort of CGI in them, which is ridiculous. Looks like a bleeding computer game. Nothing wrong with CGI per se, I just cant help thinking (and hoping) that the new movie will have actual sets as opposed to green backgrounds and silver balls on sticks...

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

As others have said, eighteen months is more than enough time to make a big-budget movie.