A New Star Trek Series?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Borg7of7, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Pinkle

Pinkle Lieutenant Red Shirt

I say GO for a new TV show! :D And if it sucks, no one's forcing you to watch it. ;)

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I certainly do not hope it fails, I just fear it will. Besides, my post does not indicate a belief of failure. Simply a fact how movies are.

3. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

corrected. that should fix the problem. lol

4. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

Ooooookay!:lol:(WARNING: I do not endorse the ''Pipe-boming'' Of certain T.V.Execs. Stabings by ''Pitch-fork'' and torching by ''Torches'' or lead from a ''Sawd-off Shotgun'' is however my preferd method! That is all. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing):shifty:

5. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

How about a series based on Risa, it could be like Baywatch in the DQ. The show could profile the fun police that enforce all the rules on Risa, just think of all the fun you could not show. Odo could be the chief and Quark could be the finanical guy. And Worf could be the stand up comic, with Data doing tricks with both Spot and Neelix (the cat, not the cook)

6. T'Boggan

T'Boggan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If a new series is made I would rather it was a new cast of characters. Lets face it, if you have to have an alternative univese to do fresh stuff with the old ones maybe its time to retire them. ( Stands back and waits for flamethowing session!)
    Besides... Time travel, alternate dimensions? OK for a few fun episodes, on a permanent basis? Naawwwww!

7. Havri

Havri Ensign Newbie

Second on the right and straight on 'til morning.
    I certainly hope there will be! But personally, I like the atmosphere of TNG better than that of TOS. It could have done with some DS9-style emotional dynamics, but I liked the slightly calmed down aspect.

If there is a new series, it must fall in with established Trek cannon and timeline. Otherwise, what would really be the point?

I'm hoping for a series set a little bit after TNG, which features the Romulans as part of the Federation, or at least as firm allies. I'd like to see some Romulan crew members on board Federation ships. Hey, I can dream, right?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  8. Karnbeln

Karnbeln Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I remember reading pretty much the same article a year ago. Bryan Fuller giving pretty much the same quote, if not the exact same one.

I have a feeling this blog is reporting old news.

9. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    I can see it now: Captain Pike and his Starfleet Raiders! It would be great to bring back Pike either as the seasoned captain we'll see in this new movie, or a younger, hell-bent-for-leather Captain Pike, heading an elite squad of tough Starfleet types who go toe to toe with the Klingons in the earlier days of Starfleet's expansion. There should be a recurring Klingon baddie who often challenges Pike, and we can see the younger Pike as even more reckless than Captain Kirk. -- RR

10. TS-1838-SWATH

TS-1838-SWATH Commander Red Shirt

:devil: :bolian: :techman: :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Good One

11. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

And I hate any idea of a series..its a bad idea and if I were JJBRAMS I would tell Paramount to shut the f-ck up about talk of any new series...

Rob

12. Edinburgh

Edinburgh Lieutenant Red Shirt

I would like to see a more divided starfleet . If you have a look at most Trek series and movies, we have been attacked by nearly everyone . Countless numbers of humans have been killed . This i think would make any civilization bitter and angry .

On one side we could have the Picards/Janeway's of the Universe against a new hard line Starfleet .

Ship/station/planet or other .

Fire first, ask questions later.

Would also like to see more of a diverse cast . European/ Australasia

13. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

How about New Frontier as a TV Series?

14. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shouldn't this go in the "Future of Trek" forum ?

15. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

And just what is it that you think a new series would last? I myself see if it happens, most all you posters on here will start whining and complaing about badly written episodes, or that you would say that it should have taken a different approach after a couple of seasons. And then stop watching until cancellation blaming TPTB for everything that went wrong with it. :rolleyes:

16. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yep..another good reason. But I wouldn't allow another series until after this movie series is over. Many of my friends wouldn't go see TREK movies in the past because they saw them as only two hour episodes of what ever current TV TREK was on the air...and in the case of NEMESIS and INSURRECTION could you blame them???

Rob

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

yep

18. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

original Bryan Fuller source

This I just searched and found out dates back to September 17, 2008.
    It is _NOT_ New news, just rehashed.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/09/1...yan-fuller-calls-for-franchises-return-to-tv/
    http://trekmovie.com/2008/09/17/bryan-fuller-wants-to-bring-trek-back-to-tv/

I love this commenter's idea of a new show:
    Fedge (09.17.08 | 6:16 PM)

as far as sources :
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Portal:Main/Panels/News
    has IF magazine reporting this as news on March 2, 2009.
    That was published on October 22, 2008. Here is the article:
    http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3060

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  19. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Re: original Bryan Fuller source

I like Fuller, but it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't support a series if James Cameron did it...NO star trek series. There are over 600+ hours of STAR TREK TV. So let the movie series be on its own at least for another four years...but doing a TV SERIES now would be the most idiotic thing Paramount/CBS could do...

Rob

20. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Re: original Bryan Fuller source

Fuller may be a creative guy, but his shows go over like a lead balloon... dunno if that'd be good for Trek.