24 - Day 8: 6:00AM - 8:00AM - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Apr 5, 2010.

?

Grade the episode. What should The Movie be rated?

1. Excellent

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rated G: Team Jack up with Papa Smurf!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Rated PG: It should be light-hearted buddy comedy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Rated PG-13: It should be open to everyone, but slightly less hard-core than TV.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  9. Rated R: Let Jack's kid-gloves come off!

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  10. Rated NC-17: There's a legend of terror and destruction. It's name should be JACK!

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Taylor is likely a Republican too. (The Palmers were Democrats and Taylor beat W. Palmer's VP for the presidency.)

2. Trek4Ever

Trek4Ever Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow. Finally got around to watching it and for the first time in years I was riveted by 24. The ending as most people on this thread are saying was a real gut puncher even though I didn't think much of Hassan. Hopefully if they keep this up, the show won't go out with a whimper.

3. Valandil

Valandil Captain Captain

I'm a big fan of Coto's. And I know Brannon has talent, but it's been a long time since he's written anything worthwhile. TATV was his idea of a 'Valentine', afterall. And the less said about Threshold the better.

Fair play for churning that episode out.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

As I said, Braga does his best work while either under a better writer or when his stuff is checked through another writer. When Braga writes on his own we get "Genisis", "Threshold" and "TATV." On TNG, for example, Michael Piller was insturmental as being a head writer and fine-tuning Braga's scripts. But when Braga was a/one of the EP and writers on Voyager and Enterprise, well... not good things happened. Simply because he's not a well-tuned writer and his writings can be a bit, well, immature.

So I think this episode of 24 was good because Braga and Cotto wrote it.