2020 X Box Series X Vs. Playstation 5 thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rincewiend, Jun 14, 2020.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Or you have patience and wait it out. Which i didn't have so i bought my new PC for last Christmas and put it together myself - i checked price trackers on a daily basis back then and when the prices were at a level i was ok with ( GPU at about 20% above initial price was the highest markup) i placed the orders.

Since then the situation has gotten worse - either your pockets are deep enough to be able not to care or you'll have to wait quite a while for prices to stabilize at normal levels.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I know. I had actually upgraded my videocard about two years ago as I had desperately needed it (all I could afford was a 1050 Ti which was already a step up from what I had), and the prices had already started to rise due to bitcoin mining, and that was even before the Pandemic created a shortage. It's the rest of my PC that has fallen far behind now.

I have an Intel DH55PJ, Intel i5 660, and 8GB RAM which is really quite pushing it and I'm surprised I haven't experienced more bottleneck with certain games.

Yeah, so I've heard. The PC guy I normally deal with even steered me towards a gaming PC. Thing is, I don't really want one. They're out of my price range even with them being a cheaper alternative and a bit of an overkill for me.

3. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

What do you think of it? I'm usually a PS man but the series X looks awesome, Starfield might just steer me towards X Box.

4. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I'd choose the Xbox over ps5 even though it's a big ugly black box.... It just looks neat and less cluttered then the ps5. But then I'd miss out on games I want like Horizon Forbidden West. I really do hope they change the console's design because for me it's off putting and ugly and I love my ps4 too much to give it up just yet

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Well I own them both and to be honest, I don't give a toss about what they look like. :D If I could only have one, I'd definitely have the PS5 because I really like Sony's exclusives. But Game Pass is pretty awesome as well, that's why I decided to get a Series X. Plus I really wanted to play some of Microsoft's exclusives like Flight Simulator 2020, Forza Horizon 4...

ED-209 likes this.
  6. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

So I saw some in stock on very.co.uk - I've bought myself one :-) (Xbox series X).

Can any Series X owners recommend some games?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Get paid on Thursday, really hoping to find an X Box Series X before end of June.

8. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Meh, i replaced the PS4s internal 500GB HDD with a 2TB SSD...
    Not quite next gen load times, but shortened drasticly...

9. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got a Series X and bought a 3 month Game Pass card. So far, I've tried out Forza Horizon 4 which looks amazing. I'm probably going to download Medium tonight.

Jax and ED-209 like this.
  10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Get GamePass. You get good bang for your buck and experiment with games you might otherwise skip.

ED-209 likes this.
  11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think I could take waiting that long. I'm a huge Ratchet & Clank and Spider-Man fan, and it's driving me crazy that the new Ratchet & Clank and Miles Morales games are out and I can't play them, and it's going to get even worse when Horizon Forbidden West comes out. I know Forbidden West and Miles Morales are out for the PS4, but I always try to play games like them on the next gen systems, since I that seems to be where the focus tends to be, and where you'll get the best experience.

12. Gingerbread Demon

Same only it's 1TB here and you really do notice the difference in load times.

13. Owain Taggart

Can you keep the HDD in there and put in an SSD to expand the storage? I guess what I mean is, does it recognize two drives? Actually, I have a friend who bought an external drive for it and he says he keeps having to transfer stuff over to the main drive in order to use it.

14. Gingerbread Demon

On which console. On my ps4 I just ripped out the drive it came with popped in an SSD and was good to go in a few minutes. Same for Xbox I think as there are guides on youtube for all the new consoles

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I don't know about the Xbox One, but on the PS4, you can easily hook-up an external SSD via USB and it'll work just as well. Then you can transfer any game you want to the external drive. There's also a setting that allows you to select you preferred storage (internal or external) so when you're downloading games they'll be installed to the preferred storage.

16. Gingerbread Demon

I just checked Xbox One Series X has an M.2 drive which is replaceable

17. Rincewiend

PS4 uses a regular 2.5" drive and can easily be replaced, same for PS3...

And it can use an external HD like it is the internal drive...

With Xbox you need to take the console apart if you want to replace the internal HDD...

18. Owain Taggart

Oh sorry, I meant PS4. I was wondering if there was a way for the two drives to be active at the same time to work as some sort of extended storage.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Like I said in my previous post, that's how I have my PS4 setup and it's very simple. Basically just plug in your external drive and start using it.

20. Rincewiend

Here is a quick and easy explanation:

Note:any external HD should work, the ps4 branded one just costs a little more :mad: