2012 NFL Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Do want. :drool:

2. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see it happening. Forte obviously wants his long-term contract, but if he's pissed off enough, he won't want it with the Bears. If they think that's a possibility as well, they would be wise to get something for him before he leaves next offseason.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

While right now it's still just a rumor, it's not entirely that far-fetched. The Patriots have proven to be willing to trade for big names to fill a weakness in the past. And they have two first rounders and two second rounders, plus Brady recently restructured his deal and took $7.2 million off of this season's cap hit.

If this proves to be true, and if it comes to fruition, I'd hate to be playing defense in the AFC East. Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Lloyd, and Forte? Yikes.

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

YOU STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM, BILLY FIVE-ACES

YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM

5. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll take him here.

6. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the Bears signed Bush just to give them a better bargaining position with Forte. I never thought they'd consider trading him. It'd be a good deal for the Pats, but a pretty big gamble for the Bears.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Y'know, the Bears have an awful lot of needs, the O-Line to name a few.

If they can get enough, say, both first rounders this year and then some, I might not be as pissed as Timby about Forte goin' away.

He's probably their only serious bargaining chip.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

He'd be nice to have, but not sure it's really needed. Would rather the Pats spend the bullets on defense, instead of using cash + picks on shoring up an already crazy offense...

9. Timby

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPPPPPP

HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE

DO YOU HEAR ME

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Bah, they are as nothing compared to the juggernaut that is TIM TEBOW!!!1!!

:guffaw:

11. SmoothieX

New York is full of laughingstocks at this point. The Jets, the Mets, the Knicks, the Nets, the Islanders, etc. The back page headline practically write themselves, I can't wait to move back there next month.

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Aside from the Jets who do fall into that bucket, I thought the rest of those teams were just underachievers as opposed to actual laughingstocks?

13. Timby

The Mets definitely fall into the laughingstock category, considering their owners knew that Bernie Madoff was running a Ponzi scheme and said, "Fuck it, full speed ahead," and they're now so broke that it's entirely possible they'll be fielding a team with a $40 million payroll for the next several years.

14. SmoothieX

The Mets are an unmitigated dumpster fire right now. Have been for years.

I can deal with a team on the rebound when there is a plan in place to grow the franchise into a competitive team in a few years. Every team goes through a rough patch.

I just can't get behind a dysfunctional organization, which kills me because I grew up on this team. They have no money to spend, no one wants to sign there, the stadium is a joke, they haven't been able to keep star players healthy for 20 years, stars show up there and become duds, and under performing prospects go elsewhere to all star careers.

In an inequitable playing field where a team like that should be set up to win, they constantly blow it.

15. Sheep

Shows how closely I follow baseball. I had no idea the Mets were so FUBARed.

16. The Green Mushroom

The Green Mushroom Commander Red Shirt

For those that haven't heard, the NFL adopted the playoff overtime rules for the regular season. If the team that loses the coin toss kicks a field goal on its opening drive, the other team gets a chance to tie the score or win the game. It is still sudden death in all other situations.

But I wonder this: if the team that wins the coin toss takes ten minutes to score a field goal and the other team takes the next five minutes but only gets to the fifty, what happens? Is the game over? Do they keep playing until that series ends?

17. SmoothieX

I think it's still a 15 minute period which can end in a tie.

Good idea, horribly implemented.

Sudden death was easy to follow, the college idea makes sense, this is just convoluted.

18. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad to see the OT rule changed. It gave an unfair advantage to the team that won the coin toss in my opinion. Run a few plays to get into decent position and kick.

19. Sheep

I still don't get why the first OT isn't just a fixed period of time (say, 10 minutes instead of a full 15 minute quarter) like in basketball or hockey.

20. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Then the game should end with Team A winning. It wouldn't be a tie, since Team A scored a field goal in OT.

If neither team scores in the OT period, the game ends in a tie.

They talked about that on Sirius NFL Radio this morning, and the answer is that the games are already too long. A quarter can take an hour to play. There was a playoff game last year (I think) that went through the full overtime before a team finally kicked a field goal with seconds to spare. The game took 4.5 hours.