TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. e3jeremey

e3jeremey Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm here!

2. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

was not really a big tng fan at the time or even for the first few seasons with the exception of Data andQ did not really care much for the characters or stories : :sometime after the thanful death of tasha started really like the show more . recently have enjoyed it much more in re broadcast on bbc then i did when it was new : favorite scene is still Q turning beverly into a dog best trek moment ever

3. Areekaz

Areekaz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone
    I began my trek days with TNG and then VOY but Picard defo holds a firm place in my heart. I often watch other captain's doing their thing, and think 'What would Picard do?'. Some times it makes me think that he's a bit of a square, but we all are sometimes.

I'm watching DS9 for the first time at the moment and can see some TNG in the early episodes.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the discussion

4. PyroJockey

PyroJockey Ensign Red Shirt

Greetings. Trek fan from day one, really enjoy TNG

5. Spocked7/9

Spocked7/9 Cadet Newbie

Hello I'm here to ask a question on a specific TNG

6. The Dancing Nurse

The Dancing Nurse Cadet Newbie

Hello, my name is Emily and I'm turning 19 in a few days. I'm Canadian!

I love star trek the next generation, it's my favorite tv show! What i like the most is following Beverly and Jean-Luc's relationship, because they are my relationship goal. Beverly is my favorite character, because she reminds me of myself. We both like dancing and we like theatre. I always wanted to be a doctor, but it's really hard to become one. So i'm curently studying to become a nurse! We are both reserved at first, but when you get to know us, you're starting to realize that we like to tease you. We are calm and caring and were not afraid to speak the truth. And there's much more!

Honestly I like every single crew member and their personality! I wish this TV show was a reality show so i could join the crew and be a nurse for the Enterprise!

My favorite episode is Causes and Effect, because i laugh everytime the day starts over. I also like Attached, because its a Picard/Crusher episode!

So if you are still trying find your Beverly, just to let you know that I'm still looking for my Jean-Luc :)

Hope you have a great day!

Emily

RAMA likes this.
  7. Thomas Elliot

Thomas Elliot Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey everyone!
    I just found this forum a few weeks back and think it's great! I'm glad I've finally registered here.

About myself: As a small child I remember seeing reruns of TOS occasionally. I thought Captain Kirk was cool, and the adventure-in-space aspect was neat, but I wasn't a big fan because the show looked too old school to me. I remember catching the premiere of ST:TNG (actually the first rerun of it) and thought it was all wrong. They shouldn't have picked an old man to be the Captain, he's bald! Why not make that Riker guy the captain!? He even looks like Captain Kirk!
    I ended up watching the reruns anyway, and eventually the first run episodes every Saturday at 7:00 PM. I didn't consider myself a Trekkie or Star Trek fan, but I started to really enjoy the show, and ended up watching most of the 7 seasons. The finale was exceptionally good.

I watched a few episodes of DS9, thought it was only so-so. A coupler of Voyager episodes too.
    Never saw the TOS films, or the TNG ones.

I've just recently started watching the various TOS films and I really, really liked them. Then I moved on to binge watching ST:TNG, and now I'm moving on to DS9 and TOS.

What I like most about Star Trek is the optimism and the idealism of the series, particularly in TNG. I also like that it's a mainstream SF series that's less about action and more focused on knowledge and exploration. Episodes that deal with Picard's love of archaeology, or cadets trying to succeed in Starfleet are really inspirational to me.

After watching all these ST episodes recently, and reading the forums here, I feel like I've been introduced to Star Trek for the first time. My next mission is obtaining the DC Comics' series.

RAMA likes this.
  8. elamigodemiamiga

elamigodemiamiga Lieutenant Newbie

i grew up on TNG....DS9 is good, but tng was my favourite, and still is.

RAMA likes this.
  9. dinwitty

dinwitty Cadet Newbie

I remember the original series when it came out, thats about the time when Batman and Green Hornet came out, the promos for the sires showed Spock with the ears and as a kid, this was very strange to me, I don't think I really watched the show as a kid. I guess in reruns I grew into it.

So when TNG came on I was impressed and watched it.

Later on a friend and I went to Vegas and went to the Experience, that was all fun. Sorry to see that go and attempts to bring it back havent worked out.

10. Krustee_Sok

Krustee_Sok Ensign Red Shirt

Hello!

I'm Ethan from Baltimore and I just started my TNG journey (5 minutes into the 2nd episode). While I enjoy Picard and Ryker's characters, I'm interested in seeing how Wes Crusher develops over the show, since he seems to have a lot of potential.

RAMA likes this.