your take on WOW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RobertScorpio, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Agreed. It was a good concept but then some asinine teenagers thought, what's the best way to screw up the game with it. I was in Moonglade and I couldn't get back to town because they had killed the flight masters.

And then they kept bombing the auction house! BLARG!

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got called out in Trade chat in Exodar for killing the auctioneers Sunday night. Score! Then for good measure, I went and killed the bankers too. What do you expect from someone in a guild called "Liars and Cheats"?

I'd like to get the HH mount, but I'd settle for the Squashling....

And i like the Bat Pet you get from the new Kara boss. :bolian:

3. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I resent that remark. :klingon:

I'm not a teenager and always do my best to kill the flight masters.

I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I've slaughtered that flightmaster in Southshore. Probably 3 times a day for 9 months.

FOR THE HORDE!

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

^
    Don't you dare hanging around in Shattrath! :klingon:

;)

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Hey..I have a friend, he is pretty good at WOW and he wants to join a new guild in time for the new expansion. Anyone here play the game willing to give this guy a shot. He is pretty good, not sure of his levels or anything but I can get you them if you want..send me a PM...

Rob
    Scorpio

6. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always enjoyed killing the flight masters in Auberdine, myself. That's such a high traffic town. :lol:

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the non-WOW players who are just having fun reading the thread, what's so special about flight-masters and killing them or not?

8. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

Flight masters are the NPCs you interact with to fast travel in the game. Each zone has a flight master you interact with to pick up a flight path. Later on, you can interact with any flight master that has a connected flight path to travel to that zone.

In the Outland, it doesn't matter much if you kill them, since you can get a flying mount at 70 (or flight form for druids at 68). But in Azeroth, they're the best method of traveling around (there are some exceptions: mages for ports, warlocks for summons, devices that let you travel to a particular part of the world, certain class spells, etc). You can't fast travel without interacting with the flight master, though.

Auberdine is my favorite to attack since it's one of the main travel hubs for the Alliance in Kalimdor. There's a dock with boats coming from two of the starting zones, and with people traveling from the Eastern Kingdoms, which is the other continent.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks! I'm with RobertScorpio on this one - I don't really understand this stuff, but it's intriguing to hear about it anyway. :cool:

10. JonathonWally

If you kill them, then the opposing team player can't run away basically. And they're stuck without a way to get to another zone in the game other than on foot. Which takes 10 times as long.

11. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

I can't believe they're removing the class forums in favour of "role" forums. I've spent a good three years in the Mage forum, and now they're going to put me in the same room as a bunch of scrub Rogues and Hunters and Warlocks? :censored:

12. JonathonWally

So, what will become of the Pity forum (shaman)?

13. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

It remains! :techman:

That didn't take long...