your take on WOW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RobertScorpio, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really enjoying the zombie invasion too.

The lame thing is that people always complain about how the game is such a repetitive grind or that they ignore the game lore, yet when an event like this comes up, which uses warcraft lore and is completely different, they start crying about how it messes up their daily grind. Sadly on my server there are more people trying to contain the zombie spread then there are participating in the event.

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoy playing WoW. My room mate, who has NEVER been into computer games rather likes it a lot as well. WotLK should be fun, but given some of the items I've seen linked and the stats they have, it makes me think the mobs will be crazy hard to kill in some areas, especially raids.

The Zombie Invasion is fun if you're in a group of people, but if you're wandering around by yourself is somewhat boring. I do like the fact that if you're "Zombiefied" you can speak to Horde or Alliance that also are.

Just watch out for me if you're on Icecrown. My toon's name is Zombiekiller. ;)

3. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

the infected zombie debuff has been cut to 5 minutes, and infection crates are in all the capital cities now...

every time you hit someone as a zombie, you take 10 seconds off their debuff.
    get enough people and it should be even easier to turn people into zombies.

4. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

You may get my point, but also realize, actively participating in something(games) is completely different than just watching it (movie)

5. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Horde.

6. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes! The Scourge Invasion is back. :cool:

7. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

WoW is one of my favorite games. My friends, my brother, and I play together a lot of times. We all have level 70 characters. We only a few hours a day (not daily). It takes away from TV and other games.

I play both Alliance and Horde, mostly Horde because my friends play Horde. I have a 70 warrior, and my brother has a 70 priest.

Here's some pictures. I'm in one of them.

http://geocities.com/section2x/

For anyone that don't understand the lingo, I'll help.

His character is a warlock.
    - There are many character classes such as warrior, priest, hunter, mage...
    His character is level 70.
    - 70 is the highest level any character can be at this time. You start at level 1, and become stronger as your level increase.
    His Warlock is type Affliction.
    - Classes have 3 types. Warlock has Affliction, Destruction, Demonology. Mages has Fire, Frost, and Arcane.
    His character is on Blackrock server.
    - There are many servers for WoW that divide up the player base. Think of them as parallel worlds. For example, I play on Gul'dan server. I would never run into him.
    Karazhan is a dungeon.
    - Dungeons, aka instances, require a team of players (or 1 overpowered player) to complete. They have bosses and stronger enemies.

Hope that helps. BTW, we just killed the Headless Horseman.

8. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

Jesus: I can offer you eternal salvation.
    Disciples: Can we have Might or Kings instead?

9. JonathonWally

Fucking A man, every single instance.

Bus Shock crits you for over 9000

10. OMG the zombie invasion just went crazy! Floating necropolis at various areas all over the world, NPC zombies attacking the city, 2 minute zombie plague. EPIC!!!

11. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Zombies were okay at first, but then they started taking out the NPCs of the people I needed to talk to for quests and that got annoying quickly.

12. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I've seen people's lives destroyed by this game. I don't play it.

13. Mann the zombie invasion was so awesome yesterday.. but apparently its over (while i'm at work). I hope they didn't cut it short because of the complainers. It was insane, armies of zombies overrunning the major cities, only one cleanser in the city, piles of bodies, some sadistic ppl turning into zombies and doing zombie suicide explosions (infecting the whole auction house!)... the only time I felt like I was in an actual war. Wow!

14. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i know for a fact it wasnt cut short because of complaints. it ran it's course as intended. there is a quest in shattrath that deals with the alliance and horde finding a cure to the plague... granted, there still is the scourge invasion going on for the next week or so...

15. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been killing him five times a day since Hallow's End started, I've seen every drop but the horse! Got the broom and the two caster rings though. I've seen the sword drop but I didn't roll on it.

Fought the new Kara boss last night too, he's easy once you realize he shape-shifts into a party member and all the damage you to to him is transferred to that member, before that we were wondering why we were all dying so quickly with T4/5 gear. :)

16. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

I gave up trying to farm the pet or the mounts from HH. Seems like brooms weren't even dropping for us like they did the first year he was put in the game. I saw one broom drop, and that was ninja'd by our tank. He missed the "pass then roll" message in chat and greeded it. I did get the old healer ring. I already had picked the caster ring previously when it was an actual upgrade. :lol:

The Kara boss is cool. We wiped once. We were getting slaughtered before we firgured the fight out. The second time I did it was on my warlock alt in a raid made up of mostly raiders in T6. They still didn't understand the fight after I explained it, but they managed to have a couple people up long enough to finish him off.

The arcanite ripper is pretty cool. One of tanks was showing it off during our raid last night. Speaking of which, the bosses are stupidly easy right now. We got Illidan down after only about 7 attempts. Not real great, but it was the first night of attempts on him. Once we got phase two down, he went down fast. We one shot Council on our very first attempt. I can't wait to see Sunwell next week, but it does feel like we're using cheat codes right now.

17. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

that's How I play. most of the time it's solo, but I just have fun.

18. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I messed around with the Scourge Invasion today and was able to get all the event-only vender items. I just found a new invasion point and had the whole place to myself. I am a bit sad that Zombie Week was over... I hope they do it again.

19. JonathonWally

Paladins used to have a way to kill their own cities by doing the "Kazzak Paladin Bomb" but it's been a while since I played, so they may have fixed it, people camplained like all hell when I used to blow up the bank and auction house.

20. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Yay! After two years, I finally reached lvl 70!!! (even though BC is only one year old...)!
    Oh and the zombie plague was fucking annoying. I just turned 70, took the portal to Ironforge in order to get my new spells and skills and guess who was at arrival? It was impossible to do anything. It leveled down my level up! :mad:

Fucking annoying.