Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Its seem resistance was indeed futile.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poor buggers.:lol:

2. Jaro Stun

Jaro Stun Captain Captain

USS.Nomad investigating early warning satellite malfunction in Eta Eridani

[​IMG]

USS.Nomad leaving Earth Spacedock

[​IMG]

USS.Abraham closing Rolor nebula in Beta Ursae

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

USS.Abraham sniffing around fluidic space again
    "The captain must be an Undine"
    [​IMG]

3. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

4. EnsignAmy

EnsignAmy Captain Captain

Since we're all showing off our TOS stuff here's mine :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I used this in the latest TOS Caption Contest...

[​IMG]

6. Haggis and tatties

So is everybody getting the same bug when you invite or go to visit a friends TOS bridge.

"OMG!!Help...Spock..I have phased"
    [​IMG]

"Space...the final frontier....these are the vo..(Gasp)........(croak)..........(deathly quiet)"
    [​IMG]

7. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

oo-er! " commander zylla to bridge shoot the chief"

[​IMG]

"this is not what i meant by sit"

[​IMG]

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. Happend to me, too, once. I could even move around on the ceiling by jumping. Was kinda fun. Interesting to see that every wall is see through from the other side.
    To correct that, just type /stuck into the chatbox.

9. Haggis and tatties

^^Thanks bud, i will remeber that little tip.

And talking of little tips, or their lack there of.....

[​IMG]

What's this game like with graphical bugs.:lol:

10. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

dang . . . how did that happen?

11. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Gah! :klingon:

Sorry - I know everyone else seems to love the new 'TOS' interiors, but to my eye, there's just so much WRONG with them. The scale's better, but there's just as much 'off' as with the existing 'canon' bridges - and that's not including a lot of the silly changes made by the artists that make no sense, and only serve to distract (those blasted 'windows', for starters... :brickwall:

It's particularly bad, considering how promising the TOS-esque version of Drozana station was in 'Everything Old is New'/'Night of the Comet'. That looked pretty much spot-on, particularly the lighting - in comparison, I found the new 'TOS' set to look too dingy and 'grainy', which doesn't look like the 60s show at all.

Compare that to the Sovereign-class interiors in 'Elite Force II' - it honestly feels like you're wandering around during the events of the TNG movies. Same with the USS Dallas Excelsior - the team on EF II did such an amazing job updating the Excelsior interior with TNG-era fittings.

12. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I don't even know how to respond to this. The TOS interiors are fantastic. More than that they are amazing. Your criticisms of them almost read like a stereotypical joke about Star Trek fans.

13. Excelsior

Wow - didn't realised there's a problem with not liking them. Maybe I'm just to much of a sad Trekkie to not realise how awesome they are... :brickwall:

Thing is, with other 'inspired-by' bridges and interiors, I've been pretty happy with them - sure, they're not totally 'screen-accurate', but they're close enough to look the part and get me all soggy with nostalgia.

[​IMG]

See? It's a nice homage to the original, and I'm aware that it's not supposed to be '100 perfect'. So I'm not going to go all 'anally-retentive fanboy' about it - I get what it's meant to do.

My issue with the TOS pack isn't so much that it's inaccurate - it wouldn't be the first thing in-game to be so. It's more that people are getting all worked up about how 'amazing' it is, and how 'authentic' things like the frankly daft 'windows' are, and the crappy new dedication plaque, the really dark lighting, etc.

Again, for comparison's sake, with things like the Defiant bridge above, it's clear that it's 'STO-ised' version of the canon bridge, tweaked to fit gameplay requirements, plus some of the visual concessions of the STO version of the Trek universe.

Alternatively, the TOS pack was supposed to be an 'accurate' interior... ...and then the Devs went and fiddled around with numerous noticeable details to make it less accurate, and see it as some kind of a triumph, apparently.

Comicbook legend John Byrne (he of IDW's awesome 'Crew', 'Assignment: Earth' and 'Leonard McCoy: Frontier Doctor comics) described that sort of thing as the "piss on it and make it mine" mentality, and THAT is what annoys me about it. It's not about 'nerdy nit-picking' - it's needless egregious tinkering for the sake of tinkering, that makes me think "what was the point of that?" Kind of like taking a Corvette and whacking a pair of training wheels on it, just because...

So yeah - hopefully my logic is somewhat more evident, now. And even so, it's one thing to have differing opinions (like I originally posted) - it's another thing entirely to start insulting people for having a difference of opinion.

"You don't agree with me?!? How DARE you - clearly you're a moron!"

See what I mean? Can't we at least agree to, well, disagree? ;)

14. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Yeah your whole obsession with the optional windows is kind of proving my point.....

15. Excelsior

...because pointing out something I dislike is tantamount to an obsession. Sure, I'll go with that. :rolleyes:

Again, what is it with folks on the internet not tolerating a dissenting opinion (and a harmless one, too - I'm not laying into folk who like certain things, or inciting hatred, etc. - I'm just saying "I happen not to like this"...)?

It's so tiresome it's funny - post something that someone doesn't agree with, and they can't just agree to disagree. Oh, no - the only acceptable response is to insult them. Real classy.

If I were to pop into, say, the threads on the 2009 movie, find a post where someone didn't like the JJ-prise, and call them "the kind of fanboy that gives Trek fans a bad name", I'd be way out of line - especially on a STAR TREK FORUM, of all places. Same goes for your digs - what exactly are you trying to achieve?

This thread's been de-railed enough as it is, so it might be an idea to return it to a more ...civil tone, rather than wasting space with petty insults, don't you think?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In the spirit of getting back on-topic and positivity, found this one which put me in mind of one of those classic 'stock footage' shots from the original show:

[​IMG]

Everything's better with the Excelsior - EVERYTHING. :bolian:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  16. Jaro Stun

Jaro Stun Captain Captain

USS.Pandora
    Magellan Class heavy battlecruiser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Igard

Igard Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't think I've come across a Magellan class in the game yet. Very nice, I love how the Nebula/Magellan have their impulse engines hidden for stealth.

Are those the proper Magellan nacelles though? They look like just the Nebula, but angled.

18. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

They are Nebula nacelles.

19. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I dominated the Starbase 24 Fleetaction on Admiral level and got my well deserved trophy. :bolian:
    [​IMG]

20. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Old meets new(er):

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.