Your Favourite Super-Villain

The Joker & Magneto go without saying.

I'd also mention Col. Stryker & Bullseye if only for the way Brian Cox & Colin Farrell played them in the movies.

Two-Face, almost for The Long Halloween alone. Kingpin, because of Born Again. And Professor Zoom, not because I particularly like the character but because the idea of someone completely insane who can move at something approaching the speed of light is frightening.

Right on. TLH's and Dark Victory's Two-Face was a dangerous, anti-establishment terrorist who is bound and determined to replace the system that failed him time and time again with something better - pure chance.

The Kingpin has been joke ever since Frank Miller left Daredevil. Born again was proof that you don't fuck with Wilson Fisk and just think you can walk away. What he did to Matt was just beyond revenge. It was sadistic cruelty at it's worst.

I've always liked Professor Zoom. Either version really, but I prefer the Thawne one. There's nothing as crazy or bloodthirsty as an obsessed fan. Being the architect of your own demise should be tragic, but Thawne was always a bastard so he deserved it. I loved him because he had the personality of The Green Goblin with the methodology of The Joker. He always made it as personal as he could. Especially after he killed Barry's wife(who NEVER should have been brought back). Being the first villain that was so evil the superhero had no choice but to kill him, was shocking and unheard of. I wish Batman had the balls Barry Allen did.

1) Flag Smasher
2) Master Pandamonium
3) Z
4) The Djinn
5) Superia
6) Dr. Anton Mezlo
7) Ultron 13
8) McCoy
9) Clumsy Foul-up
10) Quicksilver

The Kingpin has been joke ever since Frank Miller left Daredevil. Born again was proof that you don't fuck with Wilson Fisk and just think you can walk away. What he did to Matt was just beyond revenge. It was sadistic cruelty at it's worst.

Kingpin's lost it now. I can't look at the guy in the same light anymore after Peter Parker beat the crap out of him. Now, I suppose they could say that Brand New Day erases that with everything else, but The Hood is more interesting to me as the "new" Kingpin.

Kingpin's lost it now. I can't look at the guy in the same light anymore after Peter Parker beat the crap out of him.
I loved that fight, because that's what would actually happen in a physical confrontation between Kingpin and Spider-Man; brought Fisk down to earth about his own capabilities (reminds me of the Bullseye/American Eagle fight in Thunderbolts). I can't wait for the upcoming "The Return of the King" story in Daredevil.

daredevil-20081212064411992-000.jpg

My top 10 (alphabetical):

Ares (DC Comics)
Darkseid
Doctor Doom
The Joker
The Kingpin
Lex Luthor
Loki
Magneto
Mister Sinister
The Red Skull

Add me to the Dr Doom and Magneto fan clubs.

Dr Doom is too "over the top", IMO, and Magneto plays better as anti-hero than true villain.

My short list would be (in no special order):

DC Villains
Lex Luthor (Timm-verse version) [if for no other reason than style]
Darkseid (also Timm-verse version) [oft beaten, NEVER defeated]
Ra's Al Ghul [anyone who can stay one step ahead of BATMAN has got it going ON]

Marvel Villains
Baron Zemo [for pulling the greatest hoax against heroes of all time with the original Thunderbolts]
the Sentinels [Skynet before there WAS a Skynet]
Venom (as originally conceived) [all Peter Parker's sins come back to haunt him]

Doctor Doom (come on, you can't get more awesome than him: genius, arrogance, magic and a suit of mystical armor)
Magneto (for the story much more than for the powers)
Lex Luthor (gotta root for a mundane against the most powerful super-hero in the world)
The Joker (for the pure, unadulterated wickedness)

Joker (although he doesn't actually have superpowers), Scarecrow & Poison Ivy, Magneto and Norman Osborn.

Back