Your favourite pet theories of your own

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Emperor-Tiberius, Mar 21, 2015.

1. The Four Doctor

The Four Doctor Commander Red Shirt

Simpson Park, Mitcham, Melbourne, Australia
    I still wonder how there can be adventures for 5 and Turlough in a non-existent gap between Resurrection of the Daleks and Planet of Fire.

2. Volpone

Volpone Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Earth is kind of Gallifrey's Australia. The dominant species is sentient and looks like a Gallifreyan, so when someone screws up, they dump them on Earth for some kind of sentence. Some get their memories completely wiped (although they might get confused when they live for 200 years and then regenerate), some only get parts wiped, and some get marooned with full memory. The reason The Master hates Earth and spends so much time trying to take it over is that he was stranded there and just escaped.

DarthPipes likes this.
  3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Actually my pet theory to counter this, and I've used it ever since "City Of Death" is that Galifreyans only APPEAR to look like us. It's an outer shell for want of a better word. I wonder if they have a proper true form that isn't humanoid, or some kind of energy being?

Volpone likes this.
  4. CmndrSela318

CmndrSela318 Trek BBS Commander Number 318. Red Shirt

I'm BAAAACK!!! Here's my latest half-baked Doctor Who theory of my own:
    The reason it's going be sometime in 2017 before we get a new season of Doctor Who is to give Peter Capaldi a chance to catch his second wind and to consider staying on past season 10, which he's hinted might be his last season as the Doctor. I wish someone would come along and at least tie with Tom Baker as far as how many seasons they play the Doctor. Since Matt Smith-my favorite-is no longing playing the Doctor, I'll settle for Capaldi being the one to tie with Tom Baker on number of seasons as the Doctor.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. Gingerbread Demon

I can understand why they don't want to stay long. You'd be forever typecast as "The Doctor" and acting roles would not be plentiful.

That's not a bad thing in itself but I can see the downsides.

6. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why is that so impossible?

7. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Blue box and time travel make gaps possible in non-linear ways.

8. CmndrSela318

CmndrSela318 Trek BBS Commander Number 318. Red Shirt

And to quote the Doctor himself in the episode Blink:

9. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Planet of Fire appears to take place immediately after Resurrection... as we find the Doctor lamenting the Daleks' continued survival and perseverance in their attempts to conquer the universe, prompting Turlough to suggest that the Doctor misses Tegan. BF could reconcile this by having them face the Daleks again, I suppose, reminding the Doctor of the events of Resurrection...

10. Gingerbread Demon

The Doctor growing a set of balls and wiping out the Daleks once and for all.

Never gonna happen but it's a nice theory

Volpone likes this.
  11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Doctor has done this a few times, it's just that there are always a few which slip by undetected. Which isn't bad, missing a maximum of three when there are trillions of Daleks present. Still, they survive because of luck, not because the Doctor didn't have balls.

12. Volpone

The problem is, back in the early '70s, they came up with some slightly clunky and heavy-handed morality play episodes, which isn't a problem per se, but then a decade later, far less talented writers, producers and directors latched onto them and really castrated the Doctor. "Warriors from the Deep" and any of the Dalek stories are painful to watch.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  13. Volpone

Goa'uld sarcophagi? Zero Room technology. For that matter, the whole Stargate tech could be stolen from the Time Lords. Throw in a solar flare and you can travel through time.

14. Volpone

I'm not up on my nuSeries, I think this may have been touched on in "The Doctor's Wife," but the TARDIS chooses Companions for him. I mean let's face it, it is impossible to get into a locked TARDIS. I mean even Time Lords need special lock picks to open it. But how often does someone just stray into it? Tegan. Stephen (1st Doctor), Sarah. It's like sometimes the TARDIS decides to just let someone in, lock be damned.

15. Gingerbread Demon

Actually I like this theory a hell of a lot. Makes perfect sense too after watching "The Doctor's Wife"

16. Volpone

Led Zepplin's "Kashmir" is about the Doctor.

17. Gingerbread Demon

That's interesting

18. Volpone

Keep in mind the premise of the thread: "pet theories". Up to the last couple verses it works very well--"...a traveler in both time and space..." etc. But I have no idea of it is true or not. Given how much Plant used Tolkien imagery, I suppose he could add in a bit of Dr. Who.

19. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

The Doctor, the Master and a number of their associates tried to otherthrow the Time Lord High Council. They failed, leading to the high council executing their families and anyone they could capture. The Doctor managed to run with Susan, the last of his family.

Some time after that, the high council fell and was replaced (unknown to the War Chief, hence why he proclaims they'll show no mercy).

20. Gingerbread Demon

So the Doctor led a coup, that would have been interesting.