Your Dream Car Part II

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jetfire, Jun 26, 2010.

1. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering he's been around cars since the 1930's and is a retired automotive engineer, I'm more inclined to trust what he says. Even my then-g/f's dad admitted that the Vette rides and handles harsh.

2. RedShirt

RedShirt Captain Captain

I thought the Camaro reached it's peak with the '68s (my father had one, so I'm biased) and everything else after that looked like crap, but I fell in love with this retro body style the first time I saw it. :drool:

I've never driven one myself, but that is what I've heard. You gotta take the good with the bad when you want to look cool. :cool:

Yep, my best friend at the time (poor guy used to actually think he was Crockett) would collect all the magazine articles on different conversions & advertisements kit producers and try to come up with get-rich-quick schemes so he could have one of his own.
    Saddest day in his life was when they blew up the car on the show... :(

3. gturner

gturner Admiral

Nothing can touch the new Porsche Ferdinand GT3 RS for style.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaQB_tgS7f0[/yt]

4. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

The new Camaro? Meh . . . sorry, doesn't do anything for me.
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm the same. I honestly don't understand why so many people seem to like it. It just looks like a big, heavy brick of a car, to me.

Personally, the car I'd love to own is a classic, 70s model Porsche 930.

[​IMG]

:drool:

5. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I even liked it when I saw it in a magazine a few years back. And that was before I became a "car guy"!

Well, different people have different tastes. Me for example have never really seen the big deal with Porsches. Sure they have always had performance, but I don't seen how they're that goodlooking.

6. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

[​IMG]

I think the 1970 Camaro SS was a beautiful car, but the body design was badly compromised in succeeding years by incorporating the required 5-mph bumpers, giving the front a “cowcatcher” look. Also, like all the ponycars, the Camaro suffered from poor space engineering. There must have been three feet of sheetmetal between the engine and the front bumper.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

[​IMG]
    2010 Ford Edge

[​IMG]
    2011 Ford Edge

2011 Looks ok...out of the color options I like this Mediterranean green-blue color. I still like the sport blue for the 2010 Ford Edge though.

8. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Too many dream cars to name them all, yet very few that are actually available, to me or to anyone else.

Dodge Charger III concept car:
    http://www.carstyling.ru/cars.1968_Dodge_Charger III.html
    This would be fun to recreate as a kit car - make it fit the plentiful Corvette chassis out there, but power it with the Hemi crate motors from Mopar; the concept had an original 426 Hemi in it, and braking flaps. You may have had the Matchbox toy of it (and the Twin Mill, one of the most famous Hot Wheels, was clearly designed with the Charger III as its basis).

Batmobile (the 1966 TV version): this one is a little more possible - there are companies and individuals that offer body kits of this. One of the buyers is building one on a Viper chassis - it's going to be awesome when it's finished. Mine would do without the labels and silly tings in the interior, and have serious seats and instrumentation.

1934 Ford Tudor street rod - built as a 2-seater with extended doors and the rear door from the sedan delivery; a "GT" version of the venerable hot rod, with the latest Ford Racing 5.0L engine - supercharged, of course.

1963 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso - it was good enough for Steve McQueen!

1968 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 - cargasm.

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I want a DeLorean.