Your current wheels....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TrickyDickie, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the Vibe. Hell, I love Pontiac.

No wonder I found it so attractive. I love Pontiac, but I have to say I haven't seen them designed this way. When I think Pontiac, I think the late 90's, early 2000's models of the Grand Am/Prix's.

Anywhoo, speaking of my wheels, someone backed into my car today, and dented the front passenger quarter panel.

I swear, this is just not our year for cars.

2. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Ya, it's a GXP coupe.

3. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have a blue 2006 Toyota Scion xB, bought a year ago. As it was originally marketed to college students, it qualifies as my Mid-Life-Crisis-Mobile.

4. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still rockin' my 2009 Honda Accord coupe. She just turned a year old in June with 15,000+ on her.

Why I like it? I get great gas mileage (got 28 MPG on my trip to L.A., with city driving I get about 25-26) but it still has a lot of get up and go for a 4-banger. I also adore the color, so much that I told the sales guy that if they couldn't find that color in the model I wanted, the deal was off.

I also love the way it looks; the front looks mean and I like how all the lines flow on the sides and rear. I also really like the interior, with the two tone black/sand combo. The dash has so many buttons it's lit up like a Christmas tree...but that's okay, I like buttons. :)

Honda really screwed up with the 2011 model and ruined all of the good things about it, so should anything ever happen to where this one is totaled I won't be replacing it with a new one, that's for sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

04 Nissan Sentra. Due for an oil change actually ... about 1,000 miles ago. :o

6. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I've said it before Flux, but I really love your ride. I hate that that model isn't avaiable in Europe! I'm sure loads of people would buy it.

7. Tiberius Jim

Yeah, from what I understand they sell our Acura TL as the Accord over there. I'm not sure why...seems like it'd be cheaper to keep everything global across the board.

I do love my car but I see one day coming where it gets handed to the Mrs. and I finally get my Camaro. :)

8. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm looking forward to when I finally get my Camaro as well. Will probably be a used 4th gen for next summer though :)

9. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the '08 - '10 Accord coupes. I like my '06 just fine but the current model is definitely more aggressive. The '11 refresh is an abomination. I completely agree. Honda ruined a good thing.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I have a greenish 93 Ford Thunderbird and it has a grey front bumper. :sigh:

Needs new tires which I cannot afford. :(

11. Tiberius Jim

Yeah, the extra bulges on the front bumper, the new grille and the awful bulging taillights just ruin all the things I like about the car.

Here's a comparison image showing the differences.

12. ShamelessMcBundy

So it gained weight over the years. It's made in America, isn't it? ;)

13. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Here is my 2008 Chevy Silverado Z71.
    [​IMG]

14. ShamelessMcBundy

Hate to worry you, but there's a spacial anomaly opening up in front of your truck! :eek:

15. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well until this week I owned a 95 Buick Century. It was actually the first car I eve owned and I got it when I was 39. The reason was I lived in San Francisco for 15 years and San Francisco is not what you would call a car friendly environment. Then I moved down here to Southern California. I think here there is a law that if you don't own a car people are actually allowed to mock you and throw garbage at you. After all no one walks in L.A. So when I came down here my girlfriend wanted to get a new car so she gave me her old one.

Well that was until this week when I got the estimate for the transmission repair it needs. $2000! Say goodbye to the Buick. Luckily a co-worker of my GF is looking to unload her old KIA cheap so soon that will be my new wheels.

16. Tiberius Jim

Yeah, but most Japanese girls I've known who live in America manage to stay pretty fit. ;)

17. ShamelessMcBundy

Yellow fever huh?

;)

Too racist? :p

18. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    I can understand that reasoning. There's a good chance I can pick up on a car 3 years newer than my current one with only 65000 on the clock for $100-$1500 or so. I'm thinking hard about grabbing it since I know the cars maintenance history since new (I've been maintaining this car off and on for 9 years)

19. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still driving the same little jewel that I've had for the past five years, a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI FR, with a few... modifications. ;)

This was taken in front of my parents' house last year:

[​IMG]

20. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

well technically the Saab isnt mine but my father's. anyway i'm the one who's be struggling to get the damn thing working so i've pretty much stolen it from him.

not my car but identical. mine is two newer though. Saab 9-3 2.0 Turbo (LTT) 185bhp
    [​IMG]