Your current wheels....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TrickyDickie, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

2006 Hyundai Elantra, and I absolutely love it. It runs much better than my first car, 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a Honda CR-V and I love it. Best car I've ever driven. Rides smooth, and great for winter driving.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

1999 Hyundi Lantra, just over 61 thousand on the clock, its plain and mundane but its mechanically sound, the engine turns when i put the key in, it gets me from A to B when required, keeps me dry when its wet and cool when its hot.........anything else is a bonus.

4. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Buick Rendevous. I have no idea what year. I am so vehicle-challenged! I do love this car though. It handles like a small car but is nice and high so i don't feel like I'm gonna get squished, which was how i felt for a bazillion years in my Taurus (which i LOVED regardless.)

[​IMG]

Nerd alert:

[​IMG]

5. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a 2010 merlot colored Chevy Traverse that my wife's stepdad decreed I needed back in May. So, the 2000 black Buick Century went "bye-bye" and the SUV replaced it. Nice ride. Lots of space. We'll see how it does in winter!

6. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

7. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I currently drive a black '03 Vauxhall (GM) Vectra Gti diesel with auto transmission. It has a 2.2 litre engine, so I can outgun little boy racers at roundabouts (oh, the looks on their faces when they see a fat middle-aged woman overtake them!) but it's not remotely fuel efficient. It's expensive to run and my car tax is very high, so I'm trading it in towards a new Vauxhall Meriva, which is a bit smaller and far more fuel efficient. The only reason I have such a high-spec car is because I have an automatic licence and second-hand auto transmission cars are hard to come by in the UK, so I didn't have much choice. I'll miss my beastie but it'll be good to have a car I can actually afford to run.

8. TrickyDickie

TrickyDickie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Over the years, this is my second Grand Marquis (the other was a 90 GS) and we had 7 Crown Vics at various times. The thing I like about the Grand Marquis is that I don't whack my head on the trunk latch as I did with the Crown Vics! :guffaw: Still miss my 98 cobalt blue Interceptor, though. :( The New York State troopers had pretty much ran the tranny out of it by the time I got ahold of it. I should have just upped the money at the time to put a new one in it.

9. aftermath

aftermath Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Recently traded in a VW GTI for a VW Jetta TDI with manual transmission. Wanted a Golf TDI but there wasn't a single one in Texas available with a manual gearbox.

I miss the GTI for the insane acceleration. But I do like the MPG we're getting from the diesel.

10. GMac

GMac Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1996 maroon Nissan Micra - had it since November 2004 and (aside from a little rust on one sill and a blowing exhaust that'll need fixing next week) it's still going strong.

GM

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Did you have the dealer look elsewhere?

If you're stubborn enough, and they want to make a sale badly enough, they'll get one trucked in from Alaska.

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Niiiiiiiice. ...what is it?

13. Bears Discover Fire

Bears Discover Fire Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For 90% of my transit needs, This:

[​IMG]

plus this:

[​IMG]

meets my needs.

At $633,000 per bus, I probably tool around in one the more pricier rides in town. Maybe. :p

The other 10%, I rely on my Jetta, who has gone a bit gray in the past few years, and is thus reserved for the times I need to leave Hell-A or run special errands not possible on bus or on foot. Here is my darling Jetta in her younger days:

[​IMG]

*sigh* Someday I will photoshop that errant shadow off the hood.

14. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Strangely, my current ride is a '97 Grand Am. I just turned 149,000 on her and she runs like a top.

Take a good look at the Vibe too. Hell of a nice car, and it's a Toyota Matrix in everything but price.

15. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

The Following
    [​IMG]

2008 Nissan Versa... just turned 30K...

Gets me anywhere..

[​IMG]

16. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2006 Honda Accord coupe EX. Nothing fancy - no V6, leather, navi, etc. It was what I was looking for at the time. I wanted something "sporty" but not an actual sports car. She's suffered her fair share of dings and scratches thanks to bad luck and some inconsiderate assholes, but the car drives fine and has been very reliable. About to be paid off. I get the "new car itch" every few years and I feel it rearing its ugly head. I'm going to try my best to wait until at least spring before I seriously consider trading in for something different.

Next car definitely has to have bluetooth and USB, and headed seats would be nice for the winter.

17. Omega_Glory

Omega_Glory Commodore

1997 Dodge 1500 4WD truck, 5.2L, stick, right at 210,000 miles on the orig engine/trans..no signs of dying anytime soon.

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L, auto, 205,000 miles and still going strong on the orig engine and trans.

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8, 6.1L, 425hp, automatic...really fun!!

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...needs to be restored.

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye, 340, auto...currently being restored.

18. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

2004 Ford Ranger XLT stepside w/king cab and 6 cyl.
    White with purple "accent" stripes, chrome Westin runners, Rhino liner, custom grill, "Hot Wheels" style rims(yeah, weird but it looks great!), full tint, wind buffers around the windows, leather accent interior and-get this-36,000 miles on it. I love it-and I'll have to give it up because you can only put one child in it-and I have 2 now.

Next vehicle? 1999 Dodge Durango w/Magnum V8-purple metal flake, pristine condition and best of all-its free.

19. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

[​IMG]

That's exactly my truck, bush bar and all, but it's a different color.

My next truck will be a 2010 Toyota 4Runner, I hope. My Xterra is still running pretty sweet though I have to say.

20. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

It's a Pontiac at least, but I can't for the life on me remember which one... GXP Coupe?