Your CBS series ideas

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 12, 2018.

1. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you saw the DS9 documentary, you got to see them "reunite the writer's room" and brainstorm what the premier episode of a DS9 relaunch would be.

They made some interesting choices which would piss off some of the fans, like killing Nog, making Bashir head of Section 31, and having the Bajoran government increasingly hostile to the Federation.

2. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Rom's reaction to Nog's death. Quark's speech and never wanting him to join Starfleet!

Change Section 31 from within, eh? One too many lunches with Garak. In fact, would Garak join 31?

Kira probably stands defending the Federation.

Personally, I would rather have the Gamma Quadrant explored by the Bajorans. Factions form over whether it should be done, if we can trust the Dominion.

Odo convinced the Founders to release their hold on the Jem'Hadar. The white. With the Bajorans exploring the Gamma Quadrant, the Jem'Hadar, without the Federation knowing they are freed from the White, and facing turmoil, kidnap Captain Sisko. The goal is to plunge the Federation and the Dominion into a war the Dominion cannot win, without the Jem'Hadar. He is a god, at this point, to the Bajorans and they are exploring the Gamma. Sisko is rescued by Shape-Shifters, and a collective sigh of relief. Which signals the return of Odo.

Then, Sisko sees a Civil War brewing within the Dominion. This puts everything they have fought to build, at-risk.

In the interim, do some aftereffects of the war. A Vorta who wishes to live on the station. A post-traumatic stress disorder character. Give Ezri something to do. Xenophobes within the Federation who want Starfleet to be militaristic and stop exploring new Quadrants of space. A generation of cadets who joined to fight the Dominion find themselves lost, trying to explore. The great explorers lost in the war, and one who is great, but joins the xenophobes.

There's a lot left to do with this universe. I wish they did it.

3. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watching Rawhide, I kind of wondered what it would be like if a ship had a standard command crew, but had to hire on other people to help at every planet/station they passed.

XCV330 likes this.
  4. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek: JAG

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

And its spin-off, Star Trek: SFCIS

6. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And Leroy Jethro Gibbs will still be leading his team.

And I'm half-serious about ST: JAG. The TOS episode Court Martial was very good, and provided an entertaining mystery to solve in a "TV procedural" sort of way.

Rearrange some of the elements of that episode, and the general story could have made a good mystery for Cmdr. Harmon "Harm" Rabb to solve.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    fireproof78 and SJGardner like this.
  7. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Along the same lines, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of a Starfleet-themed crime procedural. Maybe one centered on the Sol system, with all the core Starfleet facilities ripe for investigations involving officers.

Jackson_Roykirk likes this.
  8. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek: Contact

A Starfleet Science Vessel is charged with making First Contact with new worlds. The first episode retells the Contact, through flashbacks, with Humans and Vulcans, from Zephrame Cochrane's creative design for his Warp ship through the events of the Warp-5 complex's inception. Cochrane is my hero, in the first episode, mirroring a Contact story with our new crewmates. Thematically, this is the meat of the show--why we're out here.

The show identifies species for First Contact, often acting as the first reconnaissance teams. My main character is the Captain of this vessel, who turns down a far more prestigious assignment on a Starship, to do the heavy-work of making peace in the Galaxy, through relations. And, those are my themes--the hard work put into maintaining Federation ideals, working towards universal peace.

It would draw on the history of the State Department, the unsung heroes of America's drive towards peace and prosperity, globally.

The arc of this hero is to accept he can do better in Federation politics, graduating to a member of the diplomatic corps.

9. Krog

Krog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think it’s time for a show centered around another alien race. Even Klingons. Explore their culture, their point of view, their Empire and subjugated races, and see humanity from a different point of view. Not easy to pull off, but it could be incredibly rewarding and successful.

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would love this, especially after seeing the Klingons in DSC. Would very much like more of them.

Krog likes this.
  11. Thefallguy

Thefallguy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Boldly go

The creation of Star Trek from the first talks with networks to do a pilot to the struggles during the making of the 3rd season of a visionary, but troubled show.

See Roddenberry, Shatner, Nimoy, Fontana, Coon and so on portraited by character actors in a period drama the likes of „Halt and catch fire“ or „Mad men“.

Set foot onto the sets, on which history was made and experience the making of Star Trek like never before.

ScottJ85 and F. King Daniel like this.
  12. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

She's been around since the 90's (Supercop with Jackie Chan, The Heroic Trio).

She's been a Bond Girl (The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies). She was in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Memoirs of a Geisha.

She was around LONG before Crazy Rich Asians.

13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

She wasn't in TWINE.

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is a big difference between being around and being popular.

15. Danja

Spoilers for TWINE:
    She's uncredited. She dies before the opening credits.

16. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

Not sure if you could get a full series out of this, but a miniseries or a one-off special would be great, like the one the BBC did for Doctor Who.

17. The Old Mixer

Care to give a time stamp? I'm not seeing her in that clip. IMDb has 25 uncredited actors listed for TWINE, and she's not one of them.

18. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

I always thought Michelle Yeoh was one of the better Bind girls, she’s his direct counterpart and every bit his equal.

19. Danja

It's right before the opening credits (right after the Bond gun barrel sequence).

If it's not her, I don't know who she is (I can't find anyone credited for that particular part).

I saw a news report around the time that TWINE first came out that she had come back.

20. The Old Mixer

Are you talking about the woman he's chasing? a) Credited as "Cigar Girl," played by Maria Grazia Cucinotta; b) Definitely not Michelle Yeoh.