Your Bottom 5 TNG

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Balrog, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

1. Emergence (I'm surprised I'm not seeing this on lots of lists. This is my most hated episode of all the Trek series. Horrid.)
    2. Dark Page (This might have been watchable if Lwaxana had stayed in the coma.)
    3. Rascals (Young Picard made me want to put my fist through the TV.)
    4. Shades of Gray (One of the worst season finales ever.)
    5. Code of Honor (No explanation needed.)

Dishonorable mentions:

Too Short A Season
    The Dauphin
    Manhunt
    Half A Life
    Genesis

To the OP, I actually really like The Neutral Zone. A bit of a sentimental favorite.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

^ I kinda' like watching Emergence. What is it some seem to have against the episode anyway?

3. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

Just thought it was extremely ill-conceived. The whole "Enterprise comes alive" thing was just too much for me. I'm someone who generally loves holodeck episodes too. The whole episode for me is just hard to watch. Weird huh?

4. pleccy

pleccy Ensign Red Shirt

I watched S7's "masks" last night - oh dear what a poor episode - seriously it looked like it belonged in season 1.

5. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Masks is just awful. Usually bad TNG isn't that bad, especially compared to bad DS9 (it was a great show, but its worst episodes were horrendous) or bad Voyager, but that episode feels like it's about three hours long.

6. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

My top 5 that others have listed in their bottom 5:

The Inner Light (10/10): I thought it was a very well crafted and moving story, centered around a great character portrayed by a great actor. The "perfect storm" IMO.

Darmok (10/10): It's not very often that we get to see Trek in which you see the actual process of learning to communicate with a first contact. Usually the universal translator does the work. Sure, speaking in metaphors may be a bit unrealistic, but I still loved the episode. Two great actors playing off of each other.

Tin Man (10/10): This is one of those eps that me and my friends had recorded that we liked to watch over and over. Maybe it seemed a lot more interesting back then, but it's a sentimental favorite of mine.

Yesterday's Enterprise
    (10/10): I mean I certainly understand that everyone has different tastes, and that's cool. But I really can't imagine how any Trek fan could have this piece of brilliance in their bottom 5. Just goes to prove that it does indeed take all kinds!

The Royale (10/10): This seems to be on more lists than the ones above, and I guess I can understand that. This is another sentimental favorite for very similar reasons to Tin Man and The Neutral Zone. Plus, it reminds me of classic Trek (with a touch of The Twilight Zone!).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010