You sank my...BATTLESHIP! Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It was called Wall Street. ;)

2. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Keep telling yourself that. "Audiences" != "handful of net nerds hunched over their keyboards, snorting and grunting as they get overexcited about showing what 'experts' they think they are on any given topic."

Audiences accept inaccurate "realistic" movies all the time. In fact, you'll be hard pressed to find a any "realistic" movies that are accurate.

Nevermind the fact that the same net nerds referenced above will also be snorting and grunting as they whine and complain even about the fantasy/scifi stuff. And, ironically, bitching that they should have used more realistic scenarios in the process.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

What, this is based on the game? Fortunately, I saw the trailer without knowing that, and my reaction was "Kinda interesting".

But since when does the US Navy have battleships? I thought the last one was retired in 1992.

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

This does look interesting. I love alien invasion movies and this one does look good. We have been treated with a slew of these lately. Some better than others.

5. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Seems this movie takes place in an alternate universe where the Iowa's were kept in service and James T. Kirk was born in space, instead of........Iowa! Dun Dun DUN!!!!

6. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

Whenever I see that phrase, I can only think of it as delivered by DEATH in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. :lol:

7. JarodRussell

The sounds of the alien ship and the shield stuff reminded me heavily of Crysis.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

They could make it a stylized period piece.

9. JarodRussell

I thought Oliver Stone was going to do Monopoly.

*edit* Make that Ridley Scott. The article has no date, so it might be an April Fools Joke.
    http://screenrant.com/ridley-scott-talks-monopoly-mikee-56110/

10. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Nope, not a joke unfortunately. These days, it's almost impossible to make a Hollywood-related April Fool's Joke - they're "adapting" the Magic 8 Ball and the View-Master, for heaven's sake!

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Monopoly is from the 1920s, right? A period 1920s movie about Real Estate Moguls could actually be a very cool movie.

I would hope these movies we're talking about are only going to take a basic premise and build upon it.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I don't think I'd want to see a straight-up movie about greed that just happens to be called "Monopoly". I'd still want something of the game in there. Incorporating the game's whimsical look and style, and using the names of the various places on the board works for me.

And just to stay on topic... Doesn't Monopoly have a battleship piece? The game I had never came with one.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

A Monopoly movie set during the Roaring Twenties would be awesome.

14. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

I'd love to see Monopoly done in a fashion similar to Clue. That was an absolutely fantastic take on a game-turned-movie, even if it was just a 'remake' of another classic comedy.

15. 24thcenstfan

24thcenstfan Commander Red Shirt

It has Alexander Skarsgard in it. At the very least, I will probably pick it up at the RedBox just for him.

I did like the alien aspect to the movie. The romance angle looked pretty typical and lame. Daddy doesn't approve, yadda, yadda, yadda.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What with being filmed in Vomitcam (TM), I'll be passing.

17. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Salamis!
    They could make it a sequel to 300 (which it was).

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know what the hell the trailer was when I saw it but when the words Battleship appeared, everyone started laughing. And not in the good way. I couldn't help but think the words "And starring Liam Neeson in career-ending fashion..."

19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Best of seven?

Damn right!

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh God no... :wtf:

What's next, a Gauntlet movie? Featuring the snarky voiceovers? ("Remember, don't shoot food!") :lol: