• 1701-J

• 1701-A (Kelvin timeline)

• 1701-G

Results are only viewable after voting.
I appreciate the kind words!

Ah these two?
M1ieTnq.png
Yes!

While Deg 3D, Vector and others had some nice TOS redux art…this is my favorite. You were going to do a print of this, yes?
If I can find someone willing to help me prep the model I'd love to!

Dying for the final orthos! Love it!

Ask, and ye shall receive:

jQ0t7hM.png

fwIT18p.png

uxosUYR.png

azT4VSh.png

vBjylFj.png

Some tweaks I did:
-Shrunk the girth of the nacelles a little bit
-Redid the inner nacelle grills (made the holes bigger so they would show up better in renders)
-Adjusted some of the materials
-Changed the registry font
-Numbered the escape pods and added yellow pinstriping
-Updated the textures for some of the doors/hatches

Last edited:
I noticed that you changed the "boomerangs" from yellow to black.

I did, but I might change them back, I'm still on the fence. I think the black is very slick

You numbered the escape pods, eh? How many of them are there in the various sections?

There are 130 in total, 106 on the saucer, and 24 on the engineering hull. 131 if you count the detachable bridge module :cool:

One would assume these are four-person craft, yes? 4 x 130 = 520, so assuming you didn’t stretch the crew complement with the rest of the ship, that gives you a margin of ninety souls for the ship’s stated capacity of 430 officers and crew. :cool:

She’s truly a worthy reply to Matt Jefferies’ timeless design. I’d daresay the Great Bird of the Galaxy himself would have approved.
:beer:

One would assume these are four-person craft, yes?

Four seems to be the Starfleet sweet spot. The NX-01 lifeboats (or at least the mirror universe version) could hold four people, and the Enterprise-D's are designed for four people under normal operations and six in a critical emergency. One might imagine the 1701's would be a midpoint of "four, with the option for five"... plenty of spare capacity either way :techman:

Back