Wrestling (AEW, WWE, etc)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by CaptainWacky, Aug 19, 2021.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone going to the cinema to watch Crown Jewel? It was cheap and I thought it would be fun

2. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Premium Member

Crown Jewel had good wrestling, one of the better in-ring WWE shows of the year. I still find the whole Saudi Arabia part of it a bit hard to take, but what can you do. Pretty impressed that Goldberg pulled off the spear off the stage and managed not to injure himself or his opponent again.

Apparently Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair had a real falling out that almost came to blows after Smackdown: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/report-flair-lynch-had-confrontation-after-wwe-smackdown-357161

It's kind of exciting.

3. thribs

Charlotte (rightly so) thought the whole title swapping thing was terrible and made the belts and her look weak and so refused to do the segment as planned.
    I wish WWE would either just unify the belts or name them differently. You would never see the men belts treated like this.
    The beginning of Smackdown was awesome though. I would have continued it and had Brock interfere in every match and segment afterwards. :)

4. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Commodore Commodore

I'm surprised that the Belt swap went the way it did. I didn't know Becky & Charlotte have real heat behind the scenes.

5. thribs

I think it’s more that Becky didn’t like the way she acted and went to confront her about it.

6. CaptainWacky

7. thribs

Its 2003 repeating itself. And after that interview he had with Stone Cold on the broken skull sessions

8. CaptainWacky