Would you be okay of Mando started using the Millennium Falcon next season?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Jayson1, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

If it's not a Naboo Royal cruiser, I'm boycotting.

Crewman6 and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

With this show if they did have him use the Falcon they would likely add a twist that makes you think of the ship in a whole new way. The show is good at taking established stuff and adding depth to it and new insights into. I could see Mando basically creating a nursey onboard for Baby Yoda and also show us different rooms we have never seen before. Like where the engine is. Maybe the familiar cockpit is broken down and Mando has to create a makeshift one in the engineering room. Basically the ship is in need of repair badly and is barely holding together.

Jason

3. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

If they aren't going to design some kind of new (or new to him) ship, I could see him flying a U-wing. There's storage space and it's a fast little ship.

That said, I like the idea of him getting a ship that is totally a new design.

Crewman6 likes this.
  4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to nostalgia central ;)

Crewman6 likes this.
  5. Gordie

Gordie Captain Captain

Yup, nostalgia is a huge seller right now. Making lots of money.

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Razor Crest-A?

Search4 and marillion like this.
  7. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With free floating engines.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they want to show us stuff we haven't seen before, then they might as well just create a whole new ship.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

and programmable matter, complete with retrofit interfaces.?

Pretty please?

ITDUDE and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  10. fireproof78

That would be best.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone know when Han lost the Falcon?

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if it's been canonically stated anywhere, but I was always under the impression Han didn't lose the Falcon until some point after he and Leia split and Kylo Ren went to the Dark Side. At the very least, a deleted scene from The Force Awakens makes it clear the Falcon was definitely a part of Ben Solo's childhood.

jackoverfull likes this.
  13. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

There's a line in "Bloodline" that Han had already lost the Falcon by that point, which was while Ben and Luke were still best-buds and before Han and Leia's estrangement. They still haven't narrowed down exactly when Han lost the Falcon (though, apparently, they have told the story of how), except that it's some time between the final surrender of the Empire and "Bloodline."

The Wormhole likes this.
  14. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Just no. As much as I love the falcon it's just small universe syndrome. Slave 1 at a push if the story demands it and it's justified - at least he's already been exposed to this ship in-universe already, so it wouldn't jar like inserting the falcon would be.

I quite like his original ship that got destroyed, one thing Star Wars has always done well is coming up with interesting ship designs. Make another.

Bry_Sinclair and jackoverfull like this.
  15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Something more along the lines of the Falcon of Ghost seems like the way to go. Less of a gunship, more of a home.
    By extension I'd also like to see him running with a crew, or at least a partner. Having him revert to being a lone hunter just doesn't feel right. As I suggested in another thread, I think having him join the New Republic Rangers feels like a more natural fit.

That said, I'd love to see a live action rendition of a HWK-290, which is closer to the Razor Crest in terms of internal volume, but much more starfighter like. A mando Gauntlet Fighter could also work, especially since I always thought they stretched the definition of "fighter" a little too. "Assault transport" seems way more appropriate.

Regardless, I suspect that whatever he ends up buying with all that Moff bounty money, it'll be a new design, not just something off the shelf.

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  16. fireproof78

I'm down.

17. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would make everyone who plopped down $$$$$ on the Razor Crest toy happy (and that includes me!)

18. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shamelessly using 95% old designs without anything new is what the ST did.

Smellmet likes this.
  19. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I don't think they'd want to keep up all the standing sets required for a ship the size of the Falcon. He will probably get another small cargo ship like he had.

20. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they will still go with something new. It makes sense in that it sort of reflects how his life is now very different from what it was. Also this is Disney were talking about. They get a chance to create an new toy ship to sale.

Jason