worst movie plot twists of all time?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally, I thought The Prestige's sci-fi component was pretty cool. But maybe I was just done in because they connected it all to Nikolai Tesla, who really is a very interesting character. :)

And knowing Bogdanovich (he's on every other DVD I've got and I don't own a single film he acted in or directed), he's probably just right around the corner!

2. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

WHITE NOISE: The whole poorly developed evil spirits thing. Not only a wannabe take on THE RING, but an even less thought out one. The gist was the spirits got free by tricking people into killing or getting killed...or some shit. Not that one expects logic in ghost movies.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Not even The Last Picture Show, Kegek. His filmography isn't exactly outstanding, but I'd recommend that one if you haven't seen it.

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

That the Martians were (are) a big bunch of softies who left behind the Face on Mars as a signpost to show humans how life began on Earth. (Hint: Their DNA is the same as us humans!) Oh, and that the big scary sandstorm that killed a bunch a people in the first act of the film was a "burglar alarm" left by said friendly aliens to..uh...actually it was never clear. But they set it up to kill anyone who approached the Face, even though the Face turned out to be a big spaceship designed to fly us to another galaxy to be with them. Because they love us, I guess.

See? It all makes sense.

5. Exit8A

Exit8A Captain Captain

I have to say the end reveal of Oceans Twelve, where we find out that everything we just saw the last hour was essentially meaningless.