Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by M.A.C.O., Jan 18, 2016.

1. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Wait a few days and check out the website I linked. It's very specific, sometimes even to the point where they describe actions that flash by too quickly to be noticed when you see the film. It also breaks down alcohol/drug use.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  2. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Cotton wool is such a great material.

3. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

World Premier was yesterday:
    [​IMG]

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which ones which?

Jedi_Master, dahj and Turtletrekker like this.
  5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize Lynda Carter was that tall.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Per IMDb, Gal Gadot is 5'10" (hey, that's my height!), and Lynda Carter is half an inch shorter. Not taking heels into account, of course.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

On another board someone said he took his 9-year-old son and it was perfectly fine. Someone said also said the movie was darker than you'd think, so take that however you will.

8. dahj

I have an older brother so I spent my childhood watching movies that were age inappropriate for him, let alone me, and I turned out alright...

[​IMG]
    What?

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

From some of what I've read in interviews, it sounds like there might be some disturbing stuff with the battle scenes, but I'm not sure how far it'll go. It's PG-13, so it shouldn't be Saving Private Ryan or anything like that, but some still go surprisingly far.

10. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

11. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

After hating all the DCEU films, I was really unsure about this one. I wanted a good movie, but with their track record was expecting the worst.

But I actually now have hopes for this movie. This may bite me in the ass, but I'm actually seeing this when it opens. I can't wait.

Morpheus 02 and Tosk like this.
  12. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, every kid is different and every society has its own rules on what is considered suitable for children.

I mean, sometimes I wonder how Japanese kids don't turn in a bunch of psychopaths with all those violent anime.

Wait....

13. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Same boat here, I'm stoked at the possibility of a DCU home run on this one. I won't be seeing it at the cinema (due to self-imposed rules) but can't wait for the Blu-ray in three months. :)

14. Skipper

Ok, now I'm curious. Can you list these rules?

15. Guy Gardener

The crux of every movie made before 1994, could have been solved in 15 minutes, or less, by cellphones, if those movies where made after 1994.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Well it's gonna sound stupid, but I swore to myself that I wasn't going to go back to the DCEU in the cinema until they have two good films in a row.

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  17. Skipper

You know? It makes sense.

Tosk likes this.
  18. Skipper

I accept your challenge.

Meteor?

Stalker?

Annie Hall?

19. dahj

Depends, some are set in areas with bad reception...

20. Guy Gardener

Meteor required tracking down Russian scientists to get their weapon system up and running, which would be piss easy if those scientists were monitoring the situation on twitter with their smartphones.

In Stalker, they could have called ahead and booked a hotel, or looked up the yelp reviews on their phone about the Zone, therefore understanding how mercilessly bad an idea it is to look for enlightenment in Soviet Russia.

Sigh...

https://www.facebook.com/alvy.singer.944?ref=br_rs

(I did try to get into JDate, said that I was a man looking for a man, although I should have said that I was a woman looking for man... They wanted a zip code and couldn't be bothered looking up the zip code for New York...

HA!

The person listed as Annie Hall is a good friend of mine!!!! :)

Never mind.

I answered 10 more questions on jdate's application, trying to see if they had any one with a fake Woody Allen Profile, or if Woody Allen was shopping around... They they wanted an email to proceed.

FAH!!!

Alvie and Annie could have ordered dead lobsters with their phones, or booked a table at a restaurant with their cellphone to have a professionally cooked series of lobsters.

Last edited: May 28, 2017