Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by M.A.C.O., Jan 18, 2016.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

indranee likes this.
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Good idea. I've seen more than one online comment in the past few weeks from people talking about a Wonder Woman solo movie as something hypothetical that they wished would happen, evidently unaware that it's already been filming since November. So calling more attention to the film as a distinct entity is a good thing.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So Steve Trevor is from the WWI era as well?

4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure seems like it from photos and the recent Pine interview.

5. Nerys Myk

Raises some questions.

Is the entire film a period piece?

If there is a modern segment, will Pine also be playing a descendant of Trevor ( a la the later seasons of the WW TV show)?

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Suddenly I don't buy Steve Trevor JR 30 years later upstream being completely identical to Steve Trevor SNR in the 1970s TV show.

Who does Lyle Waggoner sorta look like?

Lucifer.

Vandal Savage.

Kalibak.

R'as Al Ghul.

Teth Adam.

Jason Blood (The Demon).

Hmmm?

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  7. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

First teaser should be airing this Tuesday during the DC films special on the CW.

Greg Cox likes this.
  8. WiredPlanet

WiredPlanet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think they should have had this out before Batman vs Superman

9. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

The teaser or the film?

10. WiredPlanet

WiredPlanet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The film, DC and WB by constantlly stalling have almost killed Wonder Woman brand, more people today know about Lara Croft, the Blackwidow, Xmens Storm, Lieutenant Uhura and Buffy then knowing about Wonder Woman...they are also rushing to do their version of Avengers...perhaps foolishly rushing without establishing their other characters
    Wonder Woman should have been on the screen already

11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, at this point in history, its more important to launch the BvS / Justice League than anything else. No DC characters are more important than Superman & Batman, and with the Avengers already breaking the big screen group ground for Marvel, DC has no choice but to go exactly as planned. A WW movie before BvS would likely fail to attract the larger DC audience, unless the film was peppered with DCU Easter eggs about other characters yet to be adapted. Even at that, WW is easier to package being added to BvS (as headliners) than the other way around.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  12. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Woah, pump your brakes there, mate. WW is a cultural icon and has been in the public conscious for decades. Compared to everyone you listed, only Storm comes close, but still falls short by a lot. No one cares about Lara Croft or Buffy anymore. Black Widow has greater exposure due to the MCU movies, but in animation and print, she's still a minor character. Lastly, Uhura having more recognizably than WW? Naw. If you had said Princess Leia, then maybe.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Gotta agree there. In terms of merchandising, WW is still a staple of greeting cards, birthday party supplies, Halloween costumes, tee-shirts, coloring books, etc. And we're not talking specialty comic book stores. We're talking Target, Wal-Mart, Hallmark, etc. She's by no means forgotten by the general public.

Sure, she's been beaten to the big screen by the Black Widow and Storm and all, but don't forget: generations of kids have grown up watching her on the various JUSTICE LEAGUE cartoon series and videos. And that's not counting us old-timers who still remember the old TV show.

The average moviegoer may have never read the comic books, but they know who Wonder Woman is (in general).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

And she's still getting a solo movie first. Marvel's way behind on that score.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  15. Nerys Myk

Yep, Marvel has had plenty of time to make a Storm or Black Widow film. Yet there are none.

16. Guy Gardener

Children ain't raised on reruns of the 70s live action TV anymore.

They haven't been for a long time.

If they know who Wonder Woman is, outside of comics and cartoons, it's from and oral tradition passed on by their parents and family.

17. Nerys Myk

I often sat around the fire, after a hard day of hunting and gathering, and told the clan stories of Wonder Woman,

Vorpal_Blade and Brefugee like this.
  18. Guy Gardener

Storm is a nothing character, and apart from being the most beautiful woman in the universe, Halle doesn't bring much to the table, which is what I learnt from trying to watch that Extant bollocks.

A pity they can't crossover into the MCU, and show the courtship, marriage and divorce between Storm and the Black Panther.

"Sigh"

Now, if you'd like to give Kitty Pryde a trilogy of movies, I'd be all up for that. :)

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks to the show being a part of MeTV's line up there's also probably quite a few younger fans like me who've recently been introduced to the show.

20. Guy Gardener

The WWII stuff from season 1 is much easier to digest than the 1970s reimagining, by the hypercriticalness of youth.