Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by M.A.C.O., Jan 18, 2016.

1. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly.. Look at the Potter films. Visually, the first two were vibrant and colorful. It wasn't until the third that it got really dark. Order of the Phoenix had a bit brighter quality to it, but then the rest were really dark and grim.. Granted, the story line was also dark and grim, so that was appropriate, but the first two really stand out with their visual differences.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it would have helped it for some people. But, since I liked the movie because of its personality, which for me is the (weirdly) lighter tone then BvS, the use of songs and the fact that the villains generally weren't broody (and seemed somehow less bloodthirsty then BvS's Batman), I definitely wouldn't have liked Ayer's cut. I mean, as a Suicide Squad adaptation it completely failed, but as a movie meant to entertain it succeeded for me better then MoS or BvS, and the cut they used was the reason for that.

3. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Both "Batman v. Superman" and "Suicide Squad" had succeeded for me. This prove to be a surprise for me, due to my willingness to blindly accept the negative opinions of the two films before they were released. I also blindly accepted the positive opinions of the two 2016 MCU films and ended up being rather disappointed. The same had occurred back in 2013 when both "Man of Steel" and "Iron Man 3" were released. I don't recall the word of mouth for "Man of Steel" being all that popular. Yet, it became one of my favorite movies of 2013 after I saw it.

Fortunately, I realized that I had to stop accepting the opinions of others by ignoring them and forming my own after watching the movies. I now realize it is a mistake to blindly follow the opinions of others, because it is the most popular with the media and the public.

4. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

A new interview with Patty Jenkins:
    http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/talking-wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins/

It's pretty much spoiler free, but there's talk about the main villain of the movie in case you're trying to avoid spoilers completely.
    It's Ares, obviously.

Also,
    That's an interesting quote, the most obvious thing that people read into BvS is her reasons for walking away from mankind, this might seem to suggest it's not going to end on a (complete) downer.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Wal-Mart where I work put out all of our WW toys on Friday. While it is nice to see them marketing it to girls, I was a little disappointed that all we seemed to have gotten were Barbie style "fashion dolls", I was really hoping for some regular action figures to. The dolls have Diana in her three main outfits, her WW armor, her gold Amazon outfit, and her blue dress with a sword that can slip into the back. There was also a Hippolyta doll, a WW/Steve Trevor two pack, Hipolyta with a white horse, and Diana with a black horse. We got a tiara and bracelets role play set, and Diana's sword. We also got a whole bunch Funco pops of Diana with her sword and shield, Diana with just her shield in a guard stance, Hipolyta, and Steve Trevor. I did consider one of the Funco Pops we , but the ones of Diana were in her WW costume, and since I got a WW style one from BvS, I was hoping for a different outfit. They do have one of her in her gold Amazon outfit, and one in her blue dress, but those are both exclusive to other stores.

6. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

For all we know, it couldn't have "helped". We don't know one way or the other.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Have we seen any imagery of David Thewlis as Ares yet?

8. dahj

^^
    Other than in toy form, no.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Thewlis is Ares then?
    I had thought that Danny Huston's German general was going to be Ares? Is Huston going to turn into Thewlis once he's revealed as Ares?

10. dahj

That hasn't been officially confirmed.
    But yeah, most likely.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

13. dahj

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

15. dahj

Sneak Peek Trailer that aired during last night's episode of Gotham:

Exactly one month away now :techman:

16. dahj

[​IMG]
    ... and another extended TV spot:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Turtletrekker likes this.
  17. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I am really excited for Wonder Woman. I really hope that this movie breaks the DCEU's streak of mediocre to bad films and is the beginning of a run of at least decent films. Everything I'm seeing and reading just makes me more excited. Is my most anticipated superhero movie of the year (although Thor 3 is very close), and I hope it ends up being a great movie.

18. dahj

And another extended TV spot:

Hound of UIster likes this.
  19. dahj

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :D

Anwar likes this.
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral