With a COVID-19 related "Trek drought" coming, is it time for CBS to crank out remasters?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by eschaton, Apr 14, 2020.

1. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Having seen more of the remastered Original Series, I've changed my view about remastering. The higher resolution is nice, but they couldn't resist re-composing a lot of shots, adding or removing objects in the background, making things look super smooth and clean instead of a little bit used and real, the motion of the Enterprise and other ships no longer suggests that it has mass. I'd just as soon they left the show alone, really. If they remaster DS9, I'm afraid the remastered versions will be the only ones for sale on discs, and when it's time to replace my DS9 discs I'll have no option.

2. danielshock

danielshock Ensign Red Shirt

TOS had both versions available on disc. TNG was a re-creation...not a re-imagining. Any changes on TNG were just that - honest mistakes. Ok, except for maybe some very minor continuity fixes like where the phaser came from on the ship.

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Because not everyone pays for streaming services.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Yup, Oct 26th. Not long after the premiere of season 3!

[​IMG]

It is SNW that starts filming in Feb, I miswrote it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The TOS project went far beyond what a "remaster" usually entails. For a better idea, see TNG on blu-ray.

Kor