Wish you appeared

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jeff Arton, Jenna D'Sora's ex-boyfriend. Would it have been more interesting if he tried to get her back and Data wound up in a love triangle?

2. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, good thing for you it doesn't, then. :)
    Well, it doesn't necessarily take all that long to father a child... He probably just needed to find 10-15 minutes somewhere. ;)

Tim Thomason likes this.
  3. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Prinadora was played by script haven Lolita Fatjo in skits that she and then-fiance Max Grodenchik would put on at cons.

4. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see K's't'lk, Naraht, and pretty much any of the characters from the DC Star Trek comic series in live action, but, the first character that came to mind, and the only one I know who I would want to play them right off, is Recreation Officer Harb Tanzer as portrayed by Tom Selleck. :)

5. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Another appearance of Captain Bateson would have been nice. Just to see how he deals with adapting to a life in the 24th century. I know some of the novels did that, but I'm not fond of how Diane Carey portrayed Bateson.

USS Triumphant likes this.
  6. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was going to say Dukat's wife. I always wanted to see more Cardassian women in general.

Kilana2 likes this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

She managed to get the entire Bozeman crew wrong. (Literally.)

And of course there's the ENT "Broken Bow" novelization to consider. It's almost laughable, really. Every other damn sentence is Carey commenting on something in the script that she doesn't like. :guffaw:

If she never gets anywhere near Trek literature again, I can't say I'd be disappointed.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    JRoss and USS Triumphant like this.
  8. Kilana2

I think she was mentioned in the novels but only in some sentence or other. Her name: Athra. She should have appeared in the show considering the fact that Dukat valued his kids, being sorry for not having enough time for his son (was it his birthday?) On the other hand: I can't blame her for kicking Dukat's ass some day in the past.

9. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

Have you read Christopher Bennett's DTI stories? In one of them (I forget which one), Claire Raymond (the 20th century woman from TNG season 1 finale "The Neutral Zone") has become a counselor for persons displaced from the past into the 24th century. She mentions specifically working with members of the crew of the Bozeman to help them adjust. It was a nice detail, and made a lot of sense for the character.

Tracy Trek likes this.
  10. Kilana2

Yes I did. And I liked Christopher's DTI novels, especially Watching the Clock. The second book was not quite as good as the first but still good. I hope there will be another paperback DTI novel. I'm not an ebook fan so I missed the ebook only DTI stories. But I remember Bateson being mentioned :)

DrCorby likes this.
  11. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You mean those characters were in the comics and not just the original series novels?

12. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Naraht and Tanzer were. As far as I know, K's't'lk was not. But, by "pretty much any of the characters from the DC Star Trek comic series", I really meant characters like Ensign William Bearclaw, Ensign Nancy Bryce, Dr. Chu-Sa, Lt. Commander Maria Morelli, Ensign Elizabeth Sherwood, Konom, Bernie, and R.J. Blaise. I wasn't even thinking about Naraht and Tanzer having appeared in the comics. :)

Tracy Trek likes this.