WIP: U.S.S. Bozeman revisited--aka Unused TSFS Ship Design.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gepard, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

No more news Gep? :D

2. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL been quite a while since someone dragged up this thread...

3. Jimini

Jimini Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Wouldn't mind seeing some more myself, it's been a while now...

[​IMG]

4. Malleus

Malleus Admiral Admiral

Congratulations on that fine work! :bolian:

5. Jimini

Jimini Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Which I could take the credit - found it on another forum where an old thread suddenly popped up again after lying dormant for a few years.

6. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Gep, I'm coming into this thread very late and I don't know how I missed it. All I can say is AWESOME work! :techman: As far as I'm concerned you've succeeded brilliantly and created a first-rate credible TMP era design that works perfectly alongside the TMP refit and Reliant classes. And it's better than a lot of the Miranda variants we did get.

Superb! I love it! :techman: I don't care what anyone says you've created an official class.

...God, I wish I could do 3D modeling. :(

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  7. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, this is an exception to the no necropost rule. I missed this too--and it is art that stands alone.

8. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the praise guys. I want to update you, though, for those who may be waiting for updates to the model. It's pretty thoroughly on the back burner right now, for reasons outlined in this thread over here. At least I've abandoned her for a good cause, right? :p

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

is there time for a ortho of it so far though? :)

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Okay, I have one nitpick, but I think it's valid. As cool as it looks there's no convenient access between the primary and secondary hull, just like the Oberth-class. I think it would look more credible without seriously altering what you have if you could fit some sort of interconnecting structure to allow easy access between the hulls. It doesn't have to be major, but something sufficient to allow a turbolift and cargo to be moved from one hull to the other.

Something to consider.

11. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Mwah, the pylons on Gep's ship are large enough for turbolifts, as for the Oberth, simple cylindrical cage lift, you'd have to sit in it though but its possible.:cool:

As for the rest, back burner? back burner? That you landed an awesome job is a bad excuse damnit! get back to it! :p

*kidding, good luck with all.. ;) *

12. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I've just considered the Oberth's lower hull as a giant fuel pod which is why it exploded so spectacularly.

13. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Yeah, I think the pylons are big enough...

[​IMG]

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral Admiral

God I still love how physical these renders look! I swear I can almost see Gep's fingers holding this up to the camera!

15. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Well, I like the idea that these TOSfilm era ships carry self sustaining, mission specific pods that are designed to be deployed and then retrieved later. The narrow pylons are simply a part of life with their own unique method of getting people back and forth. Could be a one person deal or something similar... I think this design a awesome.

16. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

^

Well, going by the size of the shuttlebay door... the bulk of the pod could well be one big shuttlebay, and the pylons might be just a simple stairwell from the bay to the main ship.

17. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really love how elements of this ship look like something ILM would have either built or contributed "inspiration" from, especially in the imperial...er, impulse housing. ;)

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral Admiral

^Thanks, now all I can see is a stardestroyer shoved up it's backside!:bolian:

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

20. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, maybe your folks might want to work with Paramount. Didn't Orci actually open up a call for ideas? The secondary hull is enough to be a spaceship in its own right. Heck, I can even see it as a giant runabout/shuttle looking craft with nacelles on pylons running out to either side then down. This way, you can do more work on this design under the aegis of contracted work--in case they want a generic ship, just do the secondary hull by itself, or the whole ship concept for your company to sell to paramount.

Also, if Khan actually is the next villain, a ship like this might be perfect for him. Leave the lower section off, and put a weapon pod there.