WIP Enterprise for the November Redux Art Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by nicholasm, Nov 21, 2020.

1. nicholasm

nicholasm Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Since I'm only about half way done with my entry, I thought I'd make a thread prior to submitting the final version.
    [​IMG]
    I was going for an art-deco/mid-century look which I feel is coming out nicely. The turrets on the top and bottom of the ship are placeholders. Depending on y'alls thoughts, I'll decide what to do with the space. I figured the ring would be the sublight and the large (unfinished) space on the back would be the FTL drive.
    Additionally, I went a little overboard and started making interiors. In this version, I have the bridge and conference-room/access/break-room just about finished. The bridge is a "little" big for a television show set, but it would be the main set that would get redressed each week. The conference-room area would be on the same set as the bridge, with a different window-curtain used and the door from the bridge set removed. The larger space in the lounge image would never be seen on the television show.
    [​IMG]

Atolm, JES, BK613 and 9 others like this.
  2. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that's what I call a ship for cruising around! :mallory: Nice design. :techman:

3. MisterD

MisterD Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love that. It feels very nautical and practical. Gives instantly a good sense of its scale.

Bridge size depends on how many people you have standing at these consoles. Or if they get chairs or barstools or something. And for the turrets: Well...its the flagship. And I always loved close up shots of turrets in sci fi shows and movies. So...pro turret.

4. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

Really nice. I can see it being a Green Lantern ship too.

5. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome!

6. BK613

BK613 Commodore Commodore

:techman::techman::techman:
    And...
    KIRK: Primitive computer. I've seen them demonstrated in museums.
    SULU: Me, too. If this one's like those, it'll make the devil's noise if you start it.​