Who took Surak's katra from Archer?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by gastrof, May 24, 2009.

1. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I seem to remember T'Pau as being the one who took it and kept it.

Someone's telling me it was a different character.

Anyone remember for sure?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
  2. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    T'Pau tried to force the transfer from Archer to herself, but Surak wished to remain within Archer. After Archer finished his quest, Surak's katra was placed in the mind of a elderly Vulcan priest, who had also performed the wedding of T'Pol and Koss in "Home." The character's name was not mentioned. He was played by Jack Donner.

Incidently, Jack Donner played Romulan Subcommander Tal in the original series episode "The Enterprise Incident." If you're familiar with that episode, he was left in command of the Romulan ship while the female captain was with Spock, and who ordered the pursuit of her when she was taken aboard the Enterprise.

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ I really like him in that episode. So cool and collected.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The Jack Donner high priest seems to have taken Surak's katra and then placed it in a katric ark or some other storage facility.
    Of course, in the new movie and altered timeline the katric arks are destroyed when Nero wipes the entire planet Vulcan from existence.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
  5. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

in one of q & a sessions i think orci said that the vulcan elders were retrieving the katra's when spock rescued them. someone i thinkgot surak's

6. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Careful with the spoilers, cooleddie. Please have another look at the [thread=74690]Spoilers reminder thread[/thread].

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    My bad. Three weeks after the premiere it's natural to assume 99% of us have already seen the movie.:p

8. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

The novel for the movie supports this, with Spock beaming down to save the elders and his parents and ordering Enterprise to beam them up plus one of the relics which the novel says is supposed to hold Surak's katra. It also says that when he got there the Elders hand their hands on the ark.