Who saw voyager when it aired?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by virtualvoyager, Jun 21, 2017.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I did. I would have stopped watching if there was something else, but at the time all there was available to me were rabbit ears, so it was either turn off the TV or watch this for entertainment. And I was poor and there was nothing else to entertain myself with.

Oh what a terrible series. It's like top warp: 9.9999% bad.

2. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

If it was that bad I don't think you would have kept watching it. Even if there was nothing else on tv. There's other things to do to entertain yourself besides watch tv.

Iseult likes this.
  3. Iseult

Iseult Ensign Red Shirt

My mom is a huge Star Trek fan and I remember watching TNG as it aired when I was a kid. She never really got into Voyager though so I never watched it with her or on my own. Weirdly enough I watched DS9 on my own as a kid during its last couple of years, but for some reason didn't move onto Voyager from there.

I didn't start watching Voyager until I was an adult and I kind of wish I had watched it as a kid. It would have been awesome for me at that age to see a female captain being a badass.

4. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

voyager and enterprise were the only shows that I got to see it aired from the pilot,all the others on video[dvd

5. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Hey just on Voyager there was an episode where they landed to do repairs. They showed one of the nacelles with the top completely removed.

Would a shuttlecraft have been used to remove the cover?

6. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They have those yellow worker bee shuttlepod things. They have cute little robot arms on them.

7. Gingerbread Demon

Yeah but I do not think they work in an atmosphere. It did look cool seeing the nacelles exposed like that though.

8. Prax

I assume that since Voyager is built to land on a planets surface, it is equipped with worker bees that handle the weight. Shuttles can operate in an atmosphere.

Maybe they equip the the warp coils with some kind of anti grave lift system to assist the "crane"?

Yeah, it's fun to see the stuff. The last time I watched Endgame, I noticed for the first time that there's little spacemen on the outside hull installing the new shields.

Odonna likes this.
  9. Gingerbread Demon

Ugh!! Endgame...... I hated that finale, worst ending to a series ever.

Future Janeway becomes Borg Queen

10. Sophie74656

That's not what happened.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I was in and out through much of Voyager's (and Enterprise and DS9) original run. It just has a very "been there, done that" feel.

I found I enjoyed the Borg stuff more than any other element of the series.

12. Gingerbread Demon

Oh....... OK I thought the nanoprobes were attacking future Janeway

13. Sophie74656

Admiral Janeway got assimilated, but there was no indication that she would be the Borg Queen.

14. JohnChod

JohnChod Captain Captain

I had watched TNG and DS9 when it was broadcast pretty religiously. There were times I had to record it when I had other commitments.

Right off the bat, VOY seemed lackluster too me. I did watch the first couple of seasons when broadcast, but by the 3rd season, I decided it wasn't must see immediately TV. I would record three or four and watch them when there was nothing better to do. Although I finished out the series that way, it was sometimes difficult to do. I have never re-watched a single episode of VOY.

I easily ranked VOY as the worst of the Trek series - that is, until ENT came along. I watched every VOY episode once, but I probably have only seen 40% of ENT and have no desire to see the rest. I gave up less than half-way through season 2 and sampled season 3 and 4 occasionally. I found it unwatchable. That's just me, of course. If you enjoyed it (and VOY), more power to ya!

15. Gingerbread Demon

OK that was wishful thinking I guess haha.

16. Prax

Perhaps it's time to give it another chance.

For me, I can't watch multiple Trek series at the same time. Since they've been on Netflix, I've watched through them all over the last 7 years or so. When watching TNG, I grew attached to the characters and wanted to see more, and I was uninterested in the other shows. When that ended, I switched to another series, and so on and so forth. I avoided Ent till last year, but began watching random episodes, then from the beginning. I ended up really like it.

I couldn't watch Multiple Law & Order series at the same time either. Well I could, but I would end up disliking one show compared to another, and those tastes can flip after switching shows, and probably flip again if I went back and watched one of them.

...if that makes any sense.

17. Sophie74656

I personally feel like this is what may have hurt Trek in general. Since DS9 overlapped with TNG and Voyager, Star Trek was basically competing with itself. I have always felt that each series would have done better if they all aired completely on their own.

18. Brit Babe

Brit Babe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Started watching properly (aka ep per week) back in 1998, this was when the back end of season 3 was on in the UK. I do vaguely remember watching the pilot and going back watching repeats to get me up to date, I was surprised to how many of the eps I actually had already seen.

19. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I watched most episodes when they aired, but I briefly quit for a few episodes in season 3.