Who is going to win this election in November?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by fonzob1, Jul 29, 2016.

?

Who will win the general presidential election?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2016.
  1. Donald Trump

37 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Hillary Clinton

126 vote(s)
    77.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Of course, Trump backtracked. One thing I was finally able to feel good about with his election. Gone in a puff of smoke.

Oh well.

2. indycar

indycar Commander Red Shirt

I guess I'll have to go with they can't handle an opposing view.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

Or, you know, they can just use the men's or women's restroom because if a rape or molestation is going to happen it won't matter if the perpetrator is transgender or not, it'll be a sicko with criminal intent who will target whom they choose no matter which sign is on the restroom door. The entire argument rests on the assumption that a transgender person is automatically more inclined to sexual predation and assault on an innocent individual who's just trying to use the bathroom and ignores the fact that the vast, overwhelming majority of sexual assaults in our society are committed by heterosexual males.

Rape and assault are not a transgender thing. They're a rapist and criminal thing.

Manticore, Awesome Possum and BillJ like this.
  4. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I can't handle the view that I don't deserve to be treated like everyone else. I'm a monster.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I understand completly, I've been on your side.

6. BillJ

We are making progress with slip ups along the way. I know that is of little comfort, but there are many of us in your corner. :techman:

7. indycar

Actually, I want the complete opposite. It's clear that transgender people are at risk of being beat up and there have been cases of men abusing the system. As a result, they should have their own separate bathroom. It's a compromise. Your issue is that you want it your way or no way.

8. indycar

I'm trying to help protect your type of people. Where have I said I want transgender people harmed? Find me where I said it.

9. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Yeah, separate but equal. I haven't heard that before.

10. cooleddie74

Clearly your years of exposure to wisecracking robot puppets with hands up their butts has warped you into a sexual monster who cannot be tamed short of a reactionary politician passing a law to keep you from riffing on a wall urinal.

BillJ and Awesome Possum like this.
  11. BillJ

Damn them for wanting to be treated like human beings! Wanting to be treated equally!

Do you actually read what you type?

12. cooleddie74

Know who else wanted it his way or the highway? Dalton.

And the Double Deuce always had trouble brewin' in the men's room.

13. Long Syntax

Long Syntax Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ding ding ding ding - we have a winner!

14. cooleddie74

If the opposing view is illogical and bears no merit then it's not that we can't "handle" it. It's because the view can be effectively defeated by a combination of both common sense and facts and is thus not worth considering as a serious option.

BillJ, Kira's Mom, Manticore and 3 others like this.
  15. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

16. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Who in this thread is supporting men following women into the bathroom (presumably with the intent to harm them)?

What people are taking issue with is your demand that respecting trans people's rights also requires solving an unrelated and essentially non-existent problem, a problem ginned up by transphobic bigots. Did you fail to notice that part, too? The only reason these anti-trans bathroom laws are cropping up is because there are people who want to fuck over transgender folks, and they are making up the "men following women into the bathroom to molest them" boogeyman to do it.

And you're just lapping it up, apparently.

I don't really care if you change your opinion or not. I think it's sad that, in the face of so much contrary evidence, you hold to such a flawed position. But, of course, it is hardly rare.

When I'm wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  17. cooleddie74

Transgender rape and sexual assault are probably less frequent and smaller problems than vote fraud, which by itself is at worst a very small and infrequently-occurring issue in our society. Yet both are bumper sticker causes for reactionaries and conservatives who seem to always and conveniently harp on the problems that involve categories of people they and/or their voting base don't seem to like or approve of. Do the math.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  18. Long Syntax

Long Syntax Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know it's an unpopular opinion on this board that, if you're biologically a male, you shouldn't use the female bathroom. This is an opinion and can't be wrong, or right. It just is. I do not want anyone to get harmed, and I hope very few people would want that. However, because many here don't agree does not make the option wrong - it's a fallacious argument.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

19. cooleddie74

Just do what most of us do when we absolutely need to go. Use the coffee can out back.

20. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

If we want to talk about things that are real problems: trans people get raped a lot more often than they rape anyone else. By a huge margin.

Where is indycar's solution to that problem? I think we need to hold off letting indycar use the bathroom until we get a solution on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.