Whither Star Trek: The Experience? Update

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Biggshow, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whatever the decision, I will be there on July 16th.

2. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

I have just now... literally in the last 15 minutes... booked what will likely be my very last visit to Star Trek: The Experience and as a result of her impening doom, to the Las Vegas Hilton. My wife and I will celebrate her 41st birthday there July 28-30, 2008.

It was an amazing experience back in the beginning, an amazing ride during its 10 year history, and I hope it will be an amazing farewell. I have visted at least once a year, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year, since the place opened (one of the privilages of being a Southern Californian and an easy drive away).

Kudos to the cast, crew, bar and restaurant staff, and everyone who has made the experience such a wonderful... experience... this past decade or so. I was there opening day and I had as much fun the last time I visited as I did the first time.

End of an era, baby. End of an era. Save one last Warp Core Breach for me... and of course plenty of Romulan Ale.

With much love to ST:TE,

Dale

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  3. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

So what is the word on the best way to buy tickets. I have heard "buy online" and "buy from the cheap tkts place on The Strip"?

What is the lastest recommendation. I will be going mid-August, after the Creation Con.

4. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you just want to go on the two rides, then buying online gives a $5 discount off of regular price. If you want the behind-the-scenes tour, then you'll have to buy them in person.