Which of these dramatic TOS Movie Scenes is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Vger23, Jan 2, 2019.

?

Which is your favorite scene

1. Simple feeling is beyond V'ger's comprehension (TMP)

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Proud to be your son (TWOK)

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Klingon Bastard...you killed my son (TSFS)

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  4. My friends...we've come home (TVH)

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. I need my pain (TFF)

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  6. Dining on Ashes (TUC)

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Damian

Damian Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I guess I was never able to get past the whole El Capitan scene. The Observation Room scenes were not bad. I also loved that set. I always wished Meyer was able to use that set in TUC.

I actually sort of liked Scotty spouting a little technobabble. TNG always made everyone seem like they were more intelligent then the original series (I don't think that was intent), this was Scotty's chance to prove they could be Mr Smarty Pants in the 23rd century too. So take that 24th century :razz:

2. Henoch

Henoch Commander Red Shirt

As previously documented in other TrekBBS threads, Nimoy and Kelley opted out leaving Doohan and Koenig to take their places (eh, it's a paycheck) and inherited some of their lines, hence the technobabble for Scott and medical stuff for Chekov.

The characters may have been slightly different since they are all time-divergent alternate versions which Picard creates when he corrupts the time stream by his future self in the next movie, First Contact. (follow that circle illogic):wtf:

The horses were great, too, and deserved equal billing for that scene. As an animal lover, I liked that the movie had horses, cats and dogs. I remember Shatner used his own horses for the scene, and the horse walk-around and side-walking during their dialog was Shatner showing off how good an equestrian he was in real life. Kirk one-ups Picard.

Vger23 likes this.
  3. Maurice

Maurice Vice Admiral Premium Member

^^^But Spock didn't spout technobabble the way Moore and Braga wrote it. It would have been out of character even for him.

Vger23 likes this.
  4. Henoch

Henoch Commander Red Shirt

Agreed. I was mainly pointing out the script writers intentions for Spock and McCoy, but got Scott and Chekov. :lol:

5. The Boss

The Boss Ensign Red Shirt

To be different, I guess, I'll say Spock in TMP. Outside of all the philosophical weight of it, and even though he's kind of been around in this movie, Spock's been holding back, up til now.

The Spock from the TV show finally returns and while it hints at things to come story-wise in TMP, its kind of been like TSFS, in that Spock's near and yet so far. It ups the interest level, when they're wandering the V'GER amphitheater, later. Imagine Kholinar Spock in those moments. Instead, TOS is back as the main three team up to save earth, and just under the wire, as usual.

6. Sareesataka

Sareesataka Lieutenant Red Shirt

"Klingon bastard! You killed my son!"
    Just an amazing delivery by Shatner. He made me feel his pain, and grief.