Poll Which doctor would you NOT want to treat you?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by BlueStuff, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Which Doctor would you NOT want to treat you?

1. Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Dr. Beverly Crusher

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Dr. Julian Bashir

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. The EMH

13 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Dr. Phlox

42 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

To be quite honest, I think pretty much all of them would magically cure whatever disease I happened to have. Hell, Phlox found a cure for assimilation while he was being assimilated.

I guess I'll go with the EMH, because if one of his friends was critically injured at the same time he'd prioritize his life then torment himself about it.

It might depend on what kind of disease I had. Regular ordinary disease like a cold or something? I'd walk out for Phlox. Anyone else would just magically wave something in front of my face and it'd be better.

Crippling but non life threatening disease? Beverly might not even mention the risky procedure that could potentially restore mobility.

somebuddyX likes this.
  2. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always tried to take onboard Star Treks message about us all being the same, deep down, and that acceptance and tolerance of difference is very important.

That said, I wouldn't let Phlox within ten yards of me if I was ill, the freaky looking lunatic.

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  3. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

The Zoidberg of Trek? :D

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  4. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

do not care about medical advancment or not : crusher was notorious for miss diagnose, arrogance plus i would rather have mccoy tell me i was just turned into a plant by a sparkling cube and high pitched noise than anyone (ea in loving color sketch,tos special effects j/k)

5. locutus101

locutus101 Vice Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't either. I always thought that Phlox had all the aspects of a charlatan except the status.

OtherGene and JonnyQuest037 like this.
  6. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's racism!!!!

7. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's not real.

8. Trekfan12

Trekfan12 Captain Captain

I never liked the EMH, he is too emotional (ironic for a holographic image) I'd even go so far as to say nasty. I like a doctor who is both knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. How much more compassionate can you get than an "old time" country doctor like McCoy

9. locutus101

Yes, McCoy called himself that, although I think he was making a joke. We even see EMH antagonize Tuvok every now and then but not as often as McCoy did Spock though. Between Spock and McCoy there was a sort of permanent rivalry.

10. Trekfan12

more like friendly banter that only they understood, a 'friendly' rivalry if you will

11. locutus101

Yes, I suppose we could call it that way. They tried to reproduce it on Beyond, with a partial success.

12. Trekfan12

definitely not the same, I thought it worked okay, but can't top the original

13. Patrick16309

Patrick16309 Ensign Red Shirt

All seem competent, but yeah, probably phlox. Probably seems pretty xenophobic of me, but I prefer human doctors.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The problem there is that we just haven't seen Spock and McCoy together very much in the Abrams movies, Beyond was the first time they spent a meaningful amount of time together and they went ahead and wrote the characters as though their relationship is the same as it was in TOS, but we haven't seen any sort of evidence of that prior to their scenes on the planet.

15. Trekfan12

Perhaps the reason there wasn't any banter between Spock and McCoy in TOA is because they decided to put Uhura into the space that McCoy has in TOS. They pushed McCoy aside in favor of a Spock/Uhura romance

16. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never had any other type

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Regardless, it still seems odd to see them acting so similar to the way they did in TOS after two movies where they barely interact at all.

18. Patrick16309

Patrick16309 Ensign Red Shirt

That you know of...

19. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Look I'm glad you said if first but ts not just his looks, it the way he talks, its not reassuring.
    I don't like his experiments either, his creation of the Trip clone. Its all "mad professor" type of behaviour.
    Its a lack of discretion too. I remember the episode where he said "Do you think those too would let me watch them have sex"? I would wonder if he would think it OK to talk about my private business with the captain or crew..
    Have I justified my racism yet? :)
    I'd think I'd rather have Pulaski as my doctor. She seems professional and not a 'pal' of the captain.

20. charliefox

charliefox Lieutenant Commander Newbie

It's funny but if you read the title phonetically as "WitchDoctor would you not want to treat you?" you end up with Phlox as well. He's the closest thing to a witchdoctor in the entire franchise.