Where does the Ring Ship fit into canon?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by WraithDukat, Jan 30, 2018.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Admiral Gardner wasn't in charge of Starfleet, he simply took over whatever Admiral Forrest's job was. Starfleet at the time had a "Command Council" Forrest regularly mentioned in the first two seasons to whom he answered to.

2. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't mean Starfleet. I meant the NX Project, which Forrest and then Gardner oversaw and was producing NX ships (like the "USS Enterprise" and "USS Columbia"). It's possible that the NX-03, 04, 09, were all painted with USS on the hull, per Gardner (or someone else new on the scene). The NX Project, in my belief, led to the starship programs seen in use during the Federation.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eh, I would think that the NX ships just followed the same customs as the rest of Starfleet.

4. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The other Starfleet starships we saw in ENT had no hull markings on the forward upper saucer, no name, no identity alpha-numerics (eg NX01), So the Enterprise is different from that custom.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  5. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

And might be paving the way for something, or then not.

For all we know, the Romulan War had Starfleet remove all pennant paint so the enemy would have to keep on guessing as to how many NX ships there really were and how many they had already taken care of. Or then paint all the ships as vicious cats to counter the Romulans' flipping of the bird at them.

Timo Saloniemi

6. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Captain

This thread is like the chocolate bar I've had in my cupboard since 1986. It's:

off Topic

:rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie:

uniderth likes this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's only because we never saw any of those ships up close, so the effects people weren't going to waste time putting in detail that the viewers would never see.

8. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

But we did see them up close enough, in "The Expanse" already and never mind "Twilight".

The "because" isn't all that interesting anyway. It's the "thus" that matters...

Timo Saloniemi

9. tavor

tavor Lieutenant Red Shirt

i think that ring ship is a old vulcan (low warp) design
    sold to earth cheaply strategy being making it too expensive/not worthwhile for earth to build their own

10. tavor

tavor Lieutenant Red Shirt

that other series the ring ship was made for,can you tell me more about it and where the ring ship fitted into that series