What you DON'T want to see in Star Trek 3

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Aug 6, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Action scenes like....

*Kirk and Spock discussing the ethics and legality of their mission

*Scotty and Keenser resigning over their mission

*Kirk deciding to capture Harrison alive for trial rather than execute him with the long range missiles

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

No more Spock/Uhura.
    No Klingons.
    No rehashing of TOS/Movie stories and/or scripts.
    No TNG/DS9/VOY elements (Borg, Q, etc).
    No women just in their underwear (costume changes can happen off screen).
    No bare arms (give the women proper uniforms wich displays their ranks).
    No lense flares in emotional/interpersonal moments of the story.
    No more emotionally unstable Spock.

There are other things I'd want them to drop (such as instant-warp, super duper transporters, and mammoth starships) but those things unfortunately look like they're here to stay.

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

Caricatures via crude dialogue scenes.

4. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those are all setup/framework scenes for action sequences later in the film. Kirk and Spock discussing the legality of the mission leads to Kirk deciding to capture Harrison, which ultimately results in a fight scene involving John Harrison and the whole rest of the film. Scotty and Keenser resigning sets up Scotty's discovery of the Vengeance, Scotty saving the Enterprise from the Vengeance, getting Kirk and Khan on the Vengeance, and everything else on the Vengeance. All these scenes are necessary for the plot, but they don't really form a cohesive theme besides "standing up for your principles at the wrong time gets people killed." And I'm pretty sure that's not what the writers were trying to say.

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I agree with all of those on your list except the Klingons. Why no Klingons?

6. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agree with all of these apart from Klingons and no TNG/DS9 elements. I think having the TOS crew face the Borg could be pretty great.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The original Borg, sans the Queen this time. Or if there is some singular representation of the Collective, a far more cybernetic "being" without human reference to it's appearance.

Something like a cross between the Deus Machina of the Matrix and GLaDOS in design and function.

8. F. King Daniel

The message is that using long range weapons to execute suspected criminals without trial is wrong, which they convey just fine, IMO.

The scenes at the start of the film set up the action at the end just like in every other Star Trek movie ever, and a good portion of the episodes too. It's like saying the discussion of Genesis in Wrath of Khan was just a flimsy set up for a race against time sequence at the end.

9. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny that you say that. I read the third film opens with the Spock/Uhura wedding accompanied by a rock band playing on transparent cymbals. From there, they head to a random planet where Kirk rides a space buggy to find spare parts for Science Officer 0718 for a diplomatic mission on Quo'nos where a 14-year old female clone of Kirk tries to lead a chemical weapon rebellion of the Klingon Augments, and the Enterprise is cornered by the USS Vengeance 2 inside a nebula.

/hides

10. F. King Daniel

The message is that using long range weapons to execute suspected criminals without trial is wrong, which they convey just fine, IMO.

The scenes at the start of the film set up the action at the end just like in every other Star Trek movie ever, and a good portion of the episodes too. It's like saying the discussion of Genesis in Wrath of Khan was just a flimsy set up for a race against time sequence at the end.

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Although a huge part of Trek, I've gotten really tired of the Klingons. With the introduction of Worf there were just far too many Klingon-related episodes, to the point where the concept of Klingon honour was more of a caricature of itself than anything else.

Add to that the NuTrek blinged-out Klingons who just look ridiculous, and its something I wouldn't find hugely appealing for a story. Now if it was something involving the Tholians I might sit up and pay a little more attention, though my hope is for an original baddie.

12. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

So, all you guys and gals who say you want a totally original story for the next film... are you all going to be disappointed when Khan returns? :)

13. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

They'll be disappointed no matter what happens.

14. Hober Mallow

I didn't like the last two movies either, but, being as I'm a fan of SHERLOCK, Cumberbatch got my butt into the theater the last time. :) I wouldn't have even bothered otherwise.

15. F. King Daniel

I want them to call it The Wrath of Khan, just to see heads explode.

16. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek: Wrath

17. Hober Mallow

Except they would do it without the colon:

STAR TREK WRATH

18. Kruezerman

The War of Khan.

19. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

How can you be sure? They go into each nu movie really, really wanting to like it.

20. Kruezerman

Where have you been these past twelve months? :vulcan: