What should be the next Star Wars game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Yevetha, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Sounds boring.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

It was a joke. :p

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

360 remakes of Battlefront 1 & 2

also, Grand Theft Speeder: Tiapoca City

4. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

I'd really like to see another X-Wing or TIE Fighter style game, another Dark Forces would be good too. I've always wanted to see a Privateer style Star Wars game, I guess the modern equivalent would be Darkstar One, but still, having the whole Star Wars galaxy to explore, trade goods, choose your profession and/or faction would be a lot of fun.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

A remake or reimagining of Shadows of the Empire for current-gen systems.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

SimCity: Coruscant.

7. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

The SNES Star Wars games were a lot of fun, Super Empire was incredibly difficult though, but I really enjoyed those games. Dark Forces was the game I enjoyed the most, and of course DFII Jedi Knight, the multiplayer in Jedi Knight was a lot of fun, not to mention the nearly endless custom maps people made for it.

8. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that was in development at one point, you can see some leaked footage of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81I_-uaOqg

The company that was working on it, Free Radical, went bankrupt and were bought by another company though.

It's currently rumored that Spark Unlimited is working on the game, though none of the games they've worked on this generation have been very impressive.

9. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I would gladly play a new Jedi Knight game, but it would somehow subtly be wrong if it weren't based on the Quake 3 engine like Outcast and Jedi Academy. Any game starring Kyle Katarn again would do.

Something I really liked about KOTOR 2 that virtually no other Star Wars game I can think of has done, is how every moral choice was painted in shades of grey. Even the obviously good choices can have negative consequences, and the momentarily cruel decisions can ultimately be better in the long run. It made the game a lot deeper than virtually every other game that allowed for moral decision-making. I'd love to see a remake with updated graphics and all of the mountains of cut content put in (two planets, most of the ending, and a bunch of side quests).

10. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Play Galactic Battlegrounds.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know I said I wanted another space shooter, but there's so many of those on the market. The Star Wars franchise is big enough for more than FPS and flying games.

How about a 4X Civilization game like Birth of the Federation, but with Wookies? We've had a Star Wars RTS, but never a 4X game. We can get the Galactic Civilization guys to make it.

12. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Wars: Rebellion was pretty much a 4X game.

13. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Wea aready had Empire at War.

14. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do a follow-up to any of the following series, LucasArts:

-Rogue Squadron
    -X-Wing
    -Dark Forces/Jedi Knight
    -Battlefront

I expect a share of the profits.

You can thank me later.

15. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

This could be taken care of by an SWTOR expansion.

Dark Forces was a long time ago, Imperial Commando would be much better then any Battlefront.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't have a plot in mind, but I'd like to see an action/RPG with a combat system similar to Mass Effect's. There could be three or more different types of character classes, like Trooper (with powers similar to ME's Soldier), Smuggler (akin to ME's Engineer) and...a class based on Force powers, similar to the biotics utilized by ME's Adept. I don't want to say Jedi, because I'm not picturing the potential Player Character as the Jedi or Sith type, more like an unaligned Force user going their own way.

17. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

I would love to see something playing out during the Pius Dea era.

18. Kelthaz

MMORPG != Space Shooter. Although a MMO Shmup could be pretty cool.

19. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Not to mention it wouldn't be a follow up as it is set 3,000 yrs in the past.

20. Kelthaz

Now I really want to play a MMO Gradius. You could go on raids with dozens of other players to complete levels where bullets are riddling the screen, players are exploding every second, and speed power ups are scarce. Build giant space stations and sell ? Power ups to other players. Construct fleets of other players and go to war with other guilds to conquer territory in glorious 2D shmup action. And then for the 1st year anniversary we'd have a galactic invasion by Sinistar ...

Anyway, what were we talking about? Right, Star Wars. I still want a 4X game and those shitty hybrid-genre Empire at War and Rebellion games don't count. I want something with the quality of Galactic Civilization or Master of Orion II.