What sequel would you most like to see?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Turd Ferguson, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Red 3, I liked the first two and think the cast has chemistry.

Another run at Starship Troopers, more faithful to the original novel. Although I'll admit the basic concepts have been done to death elsewhere.

Star Trek TNG, maybe set between Insurrection and Nemesis, get the band together one more time.

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ I liked that Red and Red2 treated the heroes as exactly what the actors are, over the hill "too old for this $hit" type action heroes.

Still two of the best movies I've seen in decades and you're right, great chemistry. Maybe Red3 could have Stallone, only as the bad guy.

I'd like to see another Steve Carell Get Smart movie. The first one was pretty faithful to the series and a great action/comedy.

3. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. 2

Starkers likes this.
  4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

NEMESIS sequel directed by Justin Lin from a screenplay by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung. :biggrin:

5. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Caterpillar Man, a prequel to Moth Man.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The Human Millipede.

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Doing it more like the novel would mean a reboot, not a sequel. There are parts of the novel that can't be squared with the movie... unless you mean a completely new set of characters and somebody other than Ellie discovers the pi message.

This is one reason why nuTrek's casting choices annoyed me. I honestly thought, when I first saw this actor's photo, that Gary Mitchell was going to be a character in the movie, and I was fine with that. They should have cast him as Gary Mitchell and found someone better to play nuMcCoy.

My choices for sequels:

1. The people who did the TV version of Dune and Children of Dune (that also incorporated the events of Dune Messiah) did a pretty good job, and I'd definitely love to see what they could come up with for the rest of the novels (only what Frank Herbert wrote - God Emperor through Chapterhouse - none of the nuDune crap).

2. The Handmaid's Tale could use a sequel. The novel made it very clear that the Republic of Gilead was eventually defeated, and it was evident that Canada was largely governed by the First Nations in that future era. I'd be interested in seeing that play out, as well as letting Offred be reunited with her daughter, and (since her husband is dead), the two of them and Nick making a new life together as a family.

8. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Doing it more like the novel would mean a reboot, not a sequel. There are parts of the novel that can't be squared with the movie... unless you mean a completely new set of characters and somebody other than Ellie discovers the pi message.

This is one reason why nuTrek's casting choices annoyed me. I honestly thought, when I first saw this actor's photo, that Gary Mitchell was going to be a character in the movie, and I was fine with that. They should have cast him as Gary Mitchell and found someone better to play nuMcCoy.

My choices for sequels:

1. The people who did the TV version of Dune and Children of Dune (that also incorporated the events of Dune Messiah) did a pretty good job, and I'd definitely love to see what they could come up with for the rest of the novels (only what Frank Herbert wrote - God Emperor through Chapterhouse - none of the nuDune crap).

2. The Handmaid's Tale could use a sequel. The novel made it very clear that the Republic of Gilead was eventually defeated, and it was evident that Canada was largely governed by the First Nations in that future era. I'd be interested in seeing that play out, as well as letting Offred be reunited with her daughter, and (since her husband is dead), the two of them and Nick making a new life together as a family.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah. :bolian:

Same here. In some pictures he's really a dead ringer for Gary Lockwood.

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Man From Great U.N.C.L.E.?

11. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Matilda as a sequel to Leon (Or The Professional 2) Tell me THAT shit wouldn't kick ASS!

Always thought Jet Li should've had another Danny The Dog film (Unleashed) Sadly Bob Hoskins has passed on. I guess they could go Bourne with it, & have him find the actual trainer

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know it's coming but The Incredibles.

In terms of just wanting a sequel that doesn't exist yet, Arrival. I want to see an extended version of the ending and that was just a damn good movie.

13. sojourner

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeesh

Ok so it won't be called Arrival II. That looked really bad by the way. :lol:

15. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

DOA (the old film noir with Edmond O'Brien), Part 2.

Kor

16. sojourner

Will a remake do?

17. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

There is a zero percent chance of it ever happening, and absolutely no reason why it should ever be done, but I always wanted that third Tim Burton 'Batman' movie! Yeah, there's some flaws to Burton's Batman (a Batman that kills), but the art deco, film noir, Danny Elfman's score... I just love that style of Batman and have always wanted more.

18. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

Like x1,000,000! :bolian:

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Dredd 2
    Incredible Hulk 2
    Serenity 2
    Clerks III

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I wanted something like PROBE to have been ST V