What DS9 episodes did you not like when you 1st watched

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

but now have grown on you and you like/love them?

For me its all the Vic episodes and JackPack.

Esp the Jack Pack...I don't love but I do like them enough not to skip over anymore

The Muse/He Who Has No Sin.......skip skip

Bad Thoughts likes this.
  2. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My biggest swing is "Who Mourns For Morn?" Haaaaaaaated it forever, and then watched it 2 years ago and suddenly it all clicked, now it's a favorite Trek comedy.

I really love specifically the Lwaxana portion of "The Muse" today, and think it's a beautiful wrap for her character. Depressingly, I needed to be way older to appreciate it. The Jake story remains intolerable.

"Resurrection", "Tacking Into The Wind", and "The Ascent" also come to mind as episodes that made big quality jumps when I revisited them as an adult.

Bad Thoughts likes this.
  3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Magnificent Ferengi. I thought that episode was dumb as hell. Over the years I have come to love the episode, but it isn't my favorite DS9 comedy.

WarpTenLizard and Bad Thoughts like this.
  4. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Our Man Bashir. I was aloof to the self-referential parts of the dialogue.

I've also come to respect, though not love, His Way.

5. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Usually if I really dislike an episode, I don't watch it again.

fireproof78 likes this.
  6. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Meridian was and is my most hated, auto skip skip skip whenever it comes on

7. Laughing Dragon

Laughing Dragon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That one where they are jumping around and playing games. I almost quit. But then I realized how the first year of TNG could be.

Our Man Bashir was grey area for me because of how Bashir was acting. He just seemed too hard. And arrogant. He looked good in a tux though.

kkt likes this.
  8. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Never quite forgave Our Man Bashir for not making Sisko the mercenary. He could have channeled Hawk!

kkt likes this.
  9. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

emissary, because I was more invested in picard than sisko or any other ds9 character.

Sisko being a dick towards picard didn't go down well with my younger self, but now I think it's a strong episode one, probably because my investment I'm sisko increased between views.

10. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Q Less. Not much really happens during the episode. Blowing up the station is not really a credible threat. We don't know what deus ex machina they're going to pull out, but we know something will save the station. So all we've really got is Q and Vash bickering. And Q took a punch. Was that really enough reason to get De Lancie and Hetrick out of their beds and into make up?

It's still not one of my top favorites, but Quark and Vash had some really good chemistry so I appreciate it for that.

11. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I say... yes. Yes it was. :hugegrin:

Farscape One likes this.
  12. Omega-Trekker

Omega-Trekker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't like any show employing backward ritualistic nonsense with incantations to bring forth some non corporeal entity. Whether it be some mythological "Demon" or the DS9 equivalent called the Pah-wraiths. It's no longer science fiction at that point.