What do you think about the USS Vengeance ? (spoilers, probably)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Belz..., May 21, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen a bajillion films and TV shows where Airforce generals' offices were packed with model aeroplanes. It's also very much a Star Trek tradition - Enterprise models in the TNG conference lounge, the Stargazer model (sometimes replaced with a TMP Enterprise) in Picard's ready room, the Daedalus-class ship in Sisko's office etc.

2. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Which is odd: how can you possibly beam from Earth to Qo'Nos without being able to tell where the planet is exactly ? :p

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Calculate where you think it's at and pray that your not wrong! :lol:

4. Belz...

Ah, the "seat of your pants" approach to space travel. :)

5. Mountie1988

Mountie1988 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: What do you think about the USS Vengeance ?

Except the Son'a ship from your list and I totally agree with you. It's getting boring. Narada was kind of interesting, as it was just a mining vessel, but from the future. But the Scimitar and the Vengeance, both totally rediculous. Like CIA has a flying Aircraft Carrier...

6. The Comedian

The Comedian Captain Captain

I have no issues with Starfleet building a Vengeance.

What with time traveling maniacs, V'Ger, Probes, the Borg and whatnot, I'm surprised Earth is not surrounded by a ring of Death Stars. THAT is the part I find unbelievable.

7. Norsehound

Norsehound Captain Captain

Jupiter Station wasn't established in Trek Canon until Voyager.

And for all we know? That IS Jupiter Station.

8. Cadet49

Cadet49 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Galaxy-class will be the approximate size of the planet Jupiter, commanded by a giant version of Jean-Luc Picard!:lol:

9. Belz...

Why except the Son'a ship ? Thing was huge, but not a combat vessel.

With borg tech retrofitted on it.

10. Lord Lunacy

Lord Lunacy Commander Red Shirt

I was very disappointed with the U.S.S. Fanwank...doubly so when the Super Fanwank guns were pointed at the Enterprise...it was a facepalm moment for me. As for the look...it's like they took a ship from STO and threw it in the movie. Some of the ships in that game are pretty grotesque. They have openings where there should be none. :lol: It was Star Treks version of a Star Destroyer I guess. At this point if they ever decide to put the Borg in one of the films, I'd imagine their ship being bigger than V'ger.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I don't mind the Vengeance. But when it showed up, someone on the Enterprise should have muttered "we're gonna need a bigger starship".

12. Belz...

By the way, someone mentioned the "breathing sound" when the Vengeance shows up, but I paid attention the second time around and it sounds more like a siren, like "warning, evil ship !"

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Although, Enterprise established that Jupiter Station was around in the 22nd century.

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Profile views are tough on many Fed ships. The TOS Enterprise works well from many angles.

Excelsior works best with 3/4 views, but can look ungainly as when used on Deep Space Nine battle sequences with the Dominion.

Vengence is actually a bit better balanced than Excelsior in some respects. The JJprise bespeaks the tall ships of Hornblower, while Vengence in some respects is actually rather graceful in the nacelle supports.

It keeps a perfectly circular saucer, which to me is a must.
    It presents rather well at many angles.

15. Belz...

The more I think about it, the more I like the Vengeance. It's not pretty, but it's impressive, and it suits its purpose very well. Much better than the horrible Narada.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not a huge fan of the design, but I did find the scene impressive when she caught up to the Enterprise in warp and started firing from behind.

17. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I always thought of her as being unfinished, maybe the prototype or even a one-off beta version for a new line of starships.

18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I can even see a little Super Star Destroyer in that bridge cut out--the cortex on top of the Super--

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

StarFleet is far more militarized and paranoid in nuTrek, so the outside appearance of the Vengeance makes sense. However, that doesn't explain the inside appearance. The inside design should be very similar to the Enterprise, but instead it looks like something out of Mordor. Very silly.

20. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Technically, Starfleet is still the same, focusing a little more on weapons and such but still the same.

Vengeance was built by a militaristic paranoid sumbitch.