What do you get at the consession stand at the movies?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by steveda19, Oct 31, 2014.

1. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Junior Mints. "They're very refreshing!" -Kramer

Surprised nobody hit that one yet. :lol:

We usually go to a restaurant before a movie, so snacks aren't needed. Sometimes we'll go to a theater that has in-seat service and a bar. In that case I'll order something hearty and unhealthy, and the biggest beer on the menu. Don't even care what it is, as long as it's big. And cold.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

For me its usually a big popcorn bag and soda. The candy at the closest movie theater is just too overpriced.

3. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Commodore Commodore

Popcorn and a soft drink for me. Occasionally a hot dog if I'm feeling actually hungry.

I normally go to the movies an average of about once a week, although this year has been way under average.

4. Australis

Australis Writer Admiral

Nothing, the concession stand in our multiplex makes no concessiona at all, too damn expensive.

5. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I sneak in skittles. I buy a large popcorn to share in hopes to relieve the guilt of the skittles deception.

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

What do you feel guilty about ?

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel The Investigator Premium Member

I would sometimes buy a large drink and other times would bring my own drink in. I never buy the popcorn, as I prefer some other king of sweets, which I have with me. Most movies here are a maximum of $12 for a 2D movie.

8. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Nothing. I eat before I go to the movies.

I'm probably contributing to the theatres' decline, aren't I?

9. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Popcorn, Peanut M&Ms and a Coke Zero.

10. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In my misspent youth, when my buds and I would hit a movie we'd smuggle in a bunch of beer. Usually in the winter, so big coats were a plus.

But more often than not we'd just hit a drive-in with a loaded cooler. There's this one time that I rode in the trunk to get in because I didn't have any cash ...

11. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I usually sneak food and drinks into the movies because I like lite popcorn. I want popcorn at the movies, but not too greasy. So I just bring a bag of natural popcorn. But if not, I buy diet coke and pretzel bites. Occasionally ill get mozzarella sticks.

My local movie theater is a huge chain (AMC Imax), so I am surprised that they couldn't give two ounces about people bringing stuff in. I openly bring in Starbucks 30 oz. black coffee and they don't say anything.

12. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

To my shame, I did this with my COMPANY for a team building activity. :lol: We even had wine. It was about a year ago or if I am wrong, it was whenever Wolverine came out.

There's one local theater near my old office that actually does let you have wine and beer and they have leather reclining seats which are DIVINE.

13. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Due to the silly prices and what I know of the food at the theater, I usually don't get anything when I go to the movies.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Together with the studios themselves they are doing it on their own so you're fine.